Diablo® III

Black Mushroom

85 Dwarf Warrior
OH man!! the black mushroom is back? I am now on a quest to find it. Must find it for the recipe for a secret portal to a secret D1 level.
Reply Quote
MVP
02/05/2012 08:43 AMPosted by Beardstain
OH man!! the black mushroom is back? I am now on a quest to find it. Must find it for the recipe for a secret portal to a secret D1 level.

Yeah, but it's got a pretty low "drop" rate from what I've noticed.
Reply Quote
Were there any white mushrooms in the same community? Most likely not.
Reply Quote
I found one of these on my wizard the other day. I have all classes at level 9+ and have only found it once. It is kind of rare but spawns in a mushroom patch just outside of the hut after you kill Dalton in the cellar.
Reply Quote
Going by the flavor text, I'm almost certain this will also do absolutely nothing (besides being a nod to D1) in the retail game as well.

"I know as much about Black Mushrooms as I do about Red Herrings."

Red Herring: False information and clues intended to mislead. They use it in movies often to make you think one thing (e.g they make it look like Bob is the killer the whole time when it is really Fred) while it's really something else entirely.

In this instance, it's just a dead end item to bring a smile to long time Diablo fans faces.
Edited by D3BETA on 2/7/2012 12:16 AM PST
Reply Quote
Going by the flavor text, I'm almost certain this will also do absolutely nothing (besides being a nod to D1) in the retail game as well.

"I know as much about Black Mushrooms as I do about Red Herrings."

Red Herring: False information and clues intended to mislead. They use it in movies often to make you think one thing (e.g they make it look like Bob is the killer the whole time when it is really Fred) while it's really something else entirely.

In this instance, it's just a dead end item to bring a smile to long time Diablo fans faces.

/agree it's just a neat little Easter egg reminding us how far we've really come from speed walking all over "Tristan". Lawl.
Reply Quote
it's a sign of the release date, clearly
Reply Quote
Black mushroom level with display effects that show bright colors and little pygmies running all around dropping potions and gold.

Catch 'em if you can.
Reply Quote
Its a 1-up. If you have it in your inventory when you die on hardcore you CAN come back to life.
Reply Quote
It opens the Pony World. Once you finish the game on normal difficulty, some npc will brew a potion from it. Once you drink, You'll get "teleported" to the Pony World, where everything is pink and colorful and full of rainbows, and you have to kill the Ponies for sweet sweet loot.

Source: pure logical thought.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I found a patch in one of the crypts when you are finding the crown.
Reply Quote
t opens the Pony World. Once you finish the game on normal difficulty, some npc will brew a potion from it. Once you drink, You'll get "teleported" to the Pony World, where everything is pink and colorful and full of rainbows, and you have to kill the Ponies for sweet sweet loot.

Source: pure logical thought.

So in the secret cow level there was a constant MOO MOO MOO MOO MOO. What noise will be in this level? IM GONNA RIP YOUR SOUL OUT VIA LOVE AND TOLERANCE!
Reply Quote
i had 3 mushrooms before the patch 15 character wipe, what do i win?
Reply Quote
patch 15 found in cath lvl 3.
Reply Quote
Mooshroom level with giant mushrooms!
Reply Quote
58 Tauren Death Knight
Black Mushroom.

It's clearly a truffle.

ergo: Secret Pig Level!!!
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Death Knight
Your Character Eats The Mushroom and they are magically teleported to a new world where you have to go down a sewer drains and stomp on weird looking monsters heads to save a Princess and her toadstool.:)
Reply Quote
how the hell do you know this? you a witch?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]