Diablo® III

Black Mushroom

it sounds like... a huge, gargantuan, swollen, bloated mushroom!
Reply Quote
Tristan is Brad Pitt's character in Legends of the Fall. How that applies to Diablo III...I dunno.
Reply Quote
I sense a soul(s) in search of answers...
Reply Quote
02/05/2012 11:29 AMPosted by Sixen
OH man!! the black mushroom is back? I am now on a quest to find it. Must find it for the recipe for a secret portal to a secret D1 level.

Yeah, but it's got a pretty low "drop" rate from what I've noticed.

It depends on how fast you can get to Cathedral level 1. I noticed it seems to pop more often if you rush to it. Same with the Jar ( later on of course ) , as well as a special chest that involves destroying 4 skeleton generators.
Reply Quote
1 Human Warlock
I found it in a dungeon during open beta while in co-op with 3 others. I believe it was cathedral.
Reply Quote
Maybe instead of Cows we shall fight Goombas (the bad mushroom guys from Mario)
Reply Quote
Actually there is evidence that it will have a purpose in D3 (along with 4 other seemingly useless items) to conjure the Staff of Herding (think herding cows or ponies) which will open up whatever secret portal they choose to have this time around, whether it be cows again, or magical rainbow ponies. This item was found in the game files, along with the Nightmare Staff of Herding, the Hellish Staff of Herding, and the Infernal Staff of Herding (one secret level for each difficulty). In order to upgrade to the next level of Staff, you simply have to pay a monetary fee at the blacksmith (the Infernal seems to cost somewhere around 1,300,000 gold total). I've actually found the BS plans for the Infernal Staff of Herding (in the mooege d3 beta game), so I'm pretty confident this is very real. If you're curious as to wtf I'm blabbering on about, start googling the staff of herding and the secret pony level.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Its will be a portal to the secret unicorn/pony lvl or chickens seem like they like them now.
Reply Quote
01/18/2012 08:03 PMPosted by NKplague
does anyone thik that adria will make a appearance in d3 since she currently missing in d2 when diablo attacked Tristan.. i hope we get to see what,where she is now

Who is Tristan??

LMAO
Reply Quote
I only played during the open beta and only played three classes. Found one black mushroom between all three characters (actually the last of the three). This may lend some weight to what was said about how fast you get to an area because obviously with my last character I was moving through the game faster than the other two.
Reply Quote
i threw them away couldn't find or get her to take them it must be a bug???
Reply Quote
i threw them away couldn't find or get her to take them it must be a bug??? found four early but just took up space. got rid of them in level 2.
Reply Quote
its used to make the staff of herding for the cow level
Reply Quote
LOOOOOOOL the red portal that would take us to that crazy cowlevel awesome hahaha
Reply Quote
Well, I'm not sure about the cow level thing... the description on the item clearly states that there isn't one... The item description also mentions that it may just be a Red Herring... which everyone knows is simply something to throw you off the track. I addition, once you collect a couple of those things they start to clog up your stash...
Reply Quote
does anyone thik that adria will make a appearance in d3 since she currently missing in d2 when diablo attacked Tristan.. i hope we get to see what,where she is now

Who is Tristan??

that was a knee slapper i almost died laughing
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]