Diablo® III

How does the passive skill Guiding Light work

Anyone know? What is a 'direct' heal? And, can the other 'player' be a follower? What happens if I don't have a follower or another player--no bonus?
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/class/monk/passive/guiding-light

All we know is that Breath of Heaven is a direct heal. Other then that, we don't really know anything. I'm guessing it does omit passive healing like mantra of healing or Reclimation rune on Conviction. As for other rune effects that add heals to otherwise normal skills such as soothing breeze on Cyclone Strike, your guess is as good as mine.

But according to the skill tooltip, I think it's safe to say that if you don't hit another player or theoretically a follower, you won't get the bonus.
Reply Quote
View profile
If Cyclone Strike's soothing breeze triggers this, it becomes a much better passive.
Reply Quote
right on... thanks dudes
Reply Quote
I imagine it has to include more than breath of heaven since it uses a general term rather than being specific. It shouldn't include skills that heal players over time such as the golden runestone effect for inner sanctuary
Reply Quote
I would really like to know if Mantra of Healing triggers this.
Reply Quote
If you look at the wording of "Mantra of Healing", it's very unlikely it triggers the Passive. It talks about "increased Life regeneration", which technically isn't a heal. I'd guess that's exactly why the Passive is worded the way it is. You'd have to actually cast something for it to be a "direct" heal.
Reply Quote
My guess would be that none of the Hot effects or life regen will trigger it. Anything that heals once for a specific amount. Just my guess from the wording of it from how OP it would be if the mantra triggered it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]