Diablo® III

*Interesting* Blue Posts! Early 2012+ more :)

+ A few questions.

So from a posting spree by the much loved and this time *very* snarky Bashiok (I like snarky)...well, not much new was said on the surface.

However, if we take a closer look there is some *very* interesting information there. Please feel free to correct me if you think I am twisting their words or misinterpreting something.

We have. We don't have a release date. We're shooting for early 2012. That's it.

There is a word we haven't heard for a while. *Early* 2012 rather than just the "2012" we have been given for a while is encouraging. It seems that early 2012 is on track. Personally, I don't consider anything after April to be 'Early' :).

- What do you consider to be early 2012?

"You're just buying Diablo III. You can play it anywhere in the world. So you guys get to choose. Now what we will do is we will lock you down to a specific auction house. So for instance if you're a European national you'll have access to the European auction house, but you'll still be able to play in North America. You can participate in the gold auction house anywhere in the world, right, but you can only participate in the real money auction house in your native country."

So while game isn't regionalized, you will choose servers similarly to D2 and have characters locked to those. What I would like to know is:
- how many regions are there?
- What about places with lots of small countries with multiple currencies?
- What about those of us living abroad but maintaining bank accounts in another currency? Are we going to be locked depending on Bnet address, phyiscal IP location or choice?

Posted by Bashiok
To be honest Bash we are ALL sick of waiting and people I think are just trying to come up with why. This game has taken waaay to long and it shouldn't have been announced yet imo.

Oh, I know. That's why I think it's a fun diversion. I really shouldn't get all crazy over it, I understand the reasons for it.

Did Bashiok just agree that the game was announced way too early?

if me disagreeing with someone or correcting their statements is offensive, I can only recommend steering clear of my replies because it's absolutely my intent to dispel misconceptions and squash rumors when warranted (and able).

This seems to indicate, at least to my mind, that Blues are *very* restricted and closely monitored on what information they give out.

Finally

Faster killing speed means more drops, more drops means more power or money. Since the goal of the game essentially boils down to either power or wealth, or both, the advantage (in our opinion) is pretty clear and doesn't need any additional incentive.

Very curious to hear continued thoughts, though.

This was in regards to a "should Blizzard reward coop play more than solo " thread.Actually a rather significant announcement, since there was a lot of ambiguity as to how much of an advantge (if any) groups would have as opposed to solo players. Inferno *will* be easier in groups - a pretty big thing.
Reply Quote
12/20/2011 05:26 PMPosted by Starbird
There is a word we haven't heard for a while. *Early* 2012 rather than just the "2012" we have been given for a while is encouraging.

Early 2012 has been the official projected release goal for months now...
Edited by Razoth on 12/20/2011 5:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
12/20/2011 05:29 PMPosted by Razoth
There is a word we haven't heard for a while. *Early* 2012 rather than just the "2012" we have been given for a while is encouraging.

Yeah, but a lot of us have been wondering whether it still was. There was a 30+ page thread about it a little back. And a few people also remarked that blues had stopped saying "early" and were just saying "2012".

... Well, it made me happy at least. :)
Reply Quote
Early 2012 means, to me : january, february or march

Seeing how far the game is now, the game is 100% playable and we're just having patch(it's even the 9th by now?)i think that we can think on a january release.
Reply Quote
While a January release would make me an exceptionally happy bird (since I will be unable to play between Mid March and June) I think that due to the Aussie sweepstakes...it's just not going to happen.

Still - I haven't lot *all* hope. Not yet anyways.
Reply Quote
Most likely early - mid march. If I dont see the game coming out than honestly at that point I wont even bother. They really should not have announced the game so early.
Reply Quote
12/20/2011 05:32 PMPosted by Starbird

Yeah, but a lot of us have been wondering whether it still was. There was a 30+ page thread about it a little back. And a few people also remarked that blues had stopped saying "early" and were just saying "2012".

... Well, it made me happy at least. :)

Mm. I was wondering about this too. Good catch.

Seeing how far the game is now, the game is 100% playable and we're just having patch(it's even the 9th by now?)i think that we can think on a january release.

Beta is still awfully buggy. Channelled skills cause DCs and have big issues with lag. Actually everything is still quite laggy. AH's are buggy. Achievements are still broken.

January will definately not be release.

12/20/2011 06:05 PMPosted by Hypercrazy
Most likely early - mid march. If I dont see the game coming out than honestly at that point I wont even bother. They really should not have announced the game so early.

Definately agree.
Reply Quote
We have. We don't have a release date. We're shooting for early 2012. That's it.

There is a word we haven't heard for a while. *Early* 2012 rather than just the "2012" we have been given for a while is encouraging. It seems that early 2012 is on track. Personally, I don't consider anything after April to be 'Early' :).

- What do you consider to be early 2012?

Good news!!!!!

You're just buying Diablo III. You can play it anywhere in the world. So you guys get to choose. Now what we will do is we will lock you down to a specific auction house. So for instance if you're a European national you'll have access to the European auction house, but you'll still be able to play in North America. You can participate in the gold auction house anywhere in the world, right, but you can only participate in the real money auction house in your native country."

So while game isn't regionalized, you will choose servers similarly to D2 and have characters locked to those. What I would like to know is:
- how many regions are there?
- What about places with lots of small countries with multiple currencies?
- What about those of us living abroad but maintaining bank accounts in another currency? Are we going to be locked depending on Bnet address, phyiscal IP location or choice?

Interesting question. I suppose they would just use something generic like US dollars or exclude small countries from the AH. Probably based on your IP address.

Faster killing speed means more drops, more drops means more power or money. Since the goal of the game essentially boils down to either power or wealth, or both, the advantage (in our opinion) is pretty clear and doesn't need any additional incentive.

Very curious to hear continued thoughts, though.

This was in regards to a "should Blizzard reward coop play more than solo " thread.Actually a rather significant announcement, since there was a lot of ambiguity as to how much of an advantge (if any) groups would have as opposed to solo players. Inferno *will* be easier in groups - a pretty big thing.

GOOD. Inferno should be like the raid content of this game. It should take good gear and require consistent group performance.

This is not a single player game. It is a hybrid of WoW and Diablo and should be treated as such.
Reply Quote
Interesting question. I suppose they would just use something generic like US dollars or exclude small countries from the AH. Probably based on your IP address.

Hopefully you are dead wrong, although I can't see an easy solution either.

GOOD. Inferno should be like the raid content of this game. It should take good gear and require consistent group performance.

This is not a single player game. It is a hybrid of WoW and Diablo and should be treated as such.

No. It should be soloable. If you want group only content, it should be an optional progression path. Diablo is and has always been a solo game at heart.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
He did not confirm anything about it being too early, he was simply stating that its fun for him to read about the trolls trying to stir up and start crap and make up random crap and call blizzard liars like daeity does. Its fun for him to read, but he shouldn't get too excited from it. that is all he is saying.
Reply Quote

uhh? what makes you say that exactly?

[quote]

This is a single player game, it's not a mmo or multiplayer (centric) game and it's certainly no hybrid. ;/

It's straight up single player with the option to bring a friend to kill stuff faster and make the game less involved and less fun.

See online only. I see Blizzard emphasising CO-OP at every chance they get. I see WoWness everywhere I look. I see tons of party affecting spells.

It's more of a Co-op game than an MMO, but it's closer to that than a SP game.
Reply Quote
Instead of salivating over the unknown give TOR a try.. Even if you don't like MMO's some of the class stories are really cool. and some of the decisions you will make will make you cringe if your a bad person.

I obviously want D3 as much as the next guy but some of us thought it was going to release at the end of 2010 back in 09.. for sure we were going to get it at the end of 2011.. and now supposedly its coming out before April 2012.. Im not holding my breath.. there is a reason why there not being more specific. I have learned my lesson.
Reply Quote

Blizzard's recent track history indicates that there is an 8 week window between announced release date and release. So, even if they announced the game today, you're looking at a mid February release; depressing I know. If they announce next week, it'll come out on Valentines day (which might be good considering the horror movies that tend to come out at that time) but I somehow doubt Blizzard would release it in that time frame. At this point expecting a late Feb or early March release is being optimistic...unfortunately.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]