Diablo® III

Auction House Cashout Workaround

Just save it all in your BNet account. When you want to cash out...Have a known friend post a stupid item for super high price

Have him cashout when the transaction completes.

You'll only save yourself:
All Cashout fee's except one (the one used for your Big Cashout).
Possibly some money from the paypal fee however they calculat that...

You'll still be hit by every listing and closing fee...but thats unavoidable in the RMAH.
Edited by RabidCicada on 12/20/2011 3:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
This doesn't make sense. What are you avoiding and how are you avoiding it. The friend still has to cash out and pay the cash out fees.
Reply Quote
What if I don't have any real life friends? What now mr. scientist?
Reply Quote
He pays cashout fee once...instead of the numerous times you would

It's an "economies of scale" problem

Also, I don't know how paypal works..but if they cut their share for larger rakes then you'll save money there too.
Reply Quote
I'm still not seeing logic if cash-out fees are percentages. :D
Reply Quote

Also, I don't know how paypal works..but if they cut their share for larger rakes then you'll save money there too.

Hopefully, blizzard will use their muscle to ensure that all cashout fees are purely percentage-based, so as to save people the hassle.
Reply Quote
This is all speculations but the cash out fee will probably be % based if it's the same as it is right now. iirc paypal charge something like $0,30 + 3% or w/e. Your "trick" actually makes it so people get to pay blizzard transaction fees again since blizzard will probably have a way for you to cash out without having to do a transaction.

There are ways to bypass almost all the fees but I'm not going to advertise them here since I already pointed them out before. If blizzard is smart enough they'll fix it by lowering the fees to something acceptable ( like $0,10 once, no double dip ), if not they'll lose money.
Reply Quote

There is still a fundamental flaw in the logic here. Whatever you think your friend is doing you can do to and whatever you have to do to cashout your friend has to do too.

You can horde BBs and then cashout all at once yourself. By sending it to a friend you are just wasting money on Fees. You do not have to cash out after every transaction.
Reply Quote
They've statee it'll be fixed fees in the auciton house FAQ

That may change now that I've pointed this out ;-P
Edited by RabidCicada on 12/20/2011 3:30 PM PST
Reply Quote

There is still a fundamental flaw in the logic here. Whatever you think your friend is doing you can do to and whatever you have to do to cashout your friend has to do too.

You can horde BBs and then cashout all at once yourself. By sending it to a friend you are just wasting money on Fees. You do not have to cash out after every transaction.

If my memory serves me properly, it has been stated that when an item is sold, the funds are either deposited into your Blizz account or cashed out into Pay Pal. You cannot cash out your Blizzard account directly. Blizzard doesn't want to act like a bank, they want to have store credit.
Reply Quote
You choose at sale time to cashout or add to bnet account.

This means you either cash out each and every transaction (getting multiple cashout fees) or you save up in bnet (getting no cashout fees)

Then make one auction-transaction as described above and take only 1 cashout fee.

Delavager:
I have given the FAQ a read through and I read the OMG newsitem here: http://www.mmocrunch.com/2011/12/09/battle-net-balance-blizzard-quadruple-dipping-in-d3-auction-house/

If you don't opt for cashout immediately at end of transaction...I believe the money goes into bnet account.

If you know differently because you are in friends and familly or you read the FAQ differently then thats perfectly acceptable. Just going on what I can see.

While the numbers are pulled out of thin air I believe they have the structure of fees correct (But again...I admit I don't know everything nor do I claim to fully understand)
Edited by RabidCicada on 12/20/2011 3:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-fees

PayPal sellers fee:
  • 1.9% to 2.9% + $0.30 USD†
  • Additional fees† for cross border payments and currency conversion.

• Have people send you money directly to your Paypal account. Use the GAH to turn everything into gold and sell gold for money. I imagine there will be more than one way to sell D3 items and pay no fee whatsoever or at most a very small fee.

The RMAH is supposed to be a fast way to make you and Blizzard money at the same time. If Blizzard's cut is too big, don't use it. They no longer have legs to stand on telling you you're not allowed to sell items elsewhere now that they endorse an RMAH. If Blizzard makes this stand it's pretty much a declared monopoly... And they'll go back to fighting a fight they'll never win.
  • Edited by Edicted on 12/20/2011 4:49 PM PST
    Reply Quote
    You won't know if your friend sells it or not, items are not attached to names. /thread
    Reply Quote
    Bummer...no price break points for PayPal?

Was thinking they might put in some pricing structure like that.

Well...Like I said...if you want to avoid duplicate "cashout" fees from blizzard you have your method. If you want to bypass other fees etc...plenty of options.
    Reply Quote
    12/20/2011 03:54 PMPosted by Omega
    You won't know if your friend sells it or not, items are not attached to names. /thread

The "Rat's tooth" or "toenail" for sale for exactly how much currency you wanted to cashout should be the target.

/thread indeed
    Reply Quote
    12/20/2011 03:54 PMPosted by Omega

Because you certainly won't be coordinating with your friend or anything.

Though poorly-coordinated attempts at this may prompt 'copycats' who try to bait the money over to them instead.

Edit: Glock, Blizzard is planning on instituting their own cash out fee.
    Edited by Halloom on 12/20/2011 5:31 PM PST
    Reply Quote
    12/20/2011 05:46 PMPosted by Glock
    This is highly unlikely as I have researched this extensively. I looked into all the fees and all the best ways of getting your money out of Diablo. However, if you could point me toward a blue post that supports your claim I would believe you.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3764578439?page=3#45

Though, reading it closely, I can see how someone could feel this post means that only Paypal will be taking a cashout fee, and if that's the case, then that's fine by me.
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]