Diablo® III

Animation lag in d3 beta!

Hello everyone,

I tried to make a thread previously in the beta feedback but since I dont have my friends authenticator I can't log on his account (I play more than my friend is on his own account hehe).

I believed it would be fine with the terms of blizzard to do so since it is a beta and it is free for the moment (I will buy the game off course!)

I am currently having a big issue...My computer has better than the recommended settings they ask for D3 and I have a super good graphic card

(dual core 3.2ghz 4g ram and a GTX 560 (not TI).

However, wheneven I do a big AOE in a big pack of minions or whenever I play with 3 other people and we all do an ability at the same time, there is an animation delay of 2-3 seconds...

I made my research and my graphic card is supposed to be supported by the beta...

Also, my drivers are all up to date and everything...

I tried to lower my graphic settings in game (from high to medium since I dont have access to low) and it changed nothing...I removed anti-aliasing...nothing I removed all the options..nothing...I lowered my resolution...nothing...

There is always this wierd lag that keeps happening and it is stupid that I can run bf3 on high with no problem and not D3....

Can you guys please tell me what I am doing wrong or what I can do to fix this annoying bug...

Also, I really can't wait for this game to be done and released...however, with all these lags and bugs, I can sure tell you guyz who never played the beta to give them time to get the game at the best state as possible! There is still a lot of work to do!
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
FPS lag is killing this game for me, better get fixed before launch or else just going to pass this title up. I play BF3 on all high just perfect, but I get massive fps lag even in small encounters with just a couple of other players.

And no, its not my drivers or system, its this game.

Its not your system, there have been a lot of other people with beast-mode rigs and they are having the same issue.
Edited by Laroux on 12/21/2011 1:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
A known issue that will get fixed eventually im sure. It helped for me to run the .exe as administrator. At that point, i only get lag when I first enter a game, or the first time I use a skill.
Reply Quote
12/20/2011 09:39 PMPosted by Pure
However, wheneven I do a big AOE in a big pack of minions or whenever I play with 3 other people and we all do an ability at the same time, there is an animation delay of 2-3 seconds...

These moments are data intensive. Check your upload bandwidth. I had such issues on 16/2 MBps channel. Switched to 30/30 - its gone.

Hope it helps.
Reply Quote
I have the super hyper mega extreme internet connection of my company that costs me 100$ a month! so no I am pretty sure my internet connection is fine :)
well It would be fun if blizzard could at least tell us what they plan to do with this and if it is really a problem with the game or not in their mind.
Reply Quote
FPS lag is killing this game for me, better get fixed before launch or else just going to pass this title up. I play BF3 on all high just perfect, but I get massive fps lag even in small encounters with just a couple of other players.

Do you not understand what a beta is for?

It's to fix issues like this >_> No blizzard is going to leave in this bug for release and then have people complain when they have FPS lag....
Reply Quote
well I will make another bump in hope a blue can answer our question!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]