Diablo® III

Laptop?

Hey can anyone suggest a good laptop or know any good brands in specific? My parents and brother said they'd help me buy one for christmas, my budget is about a $1000 dollar laptop and I want it to be able to run Diablo 3 (and more if possible). I also want it to be around 14" and not flashy (don't want alienware). So please if you could throw me some linx, thanks
Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage
Honest suggestion: check www.tigerdirect.com

You missed out on some good deals for black friday...

Acer and Toshiba have some decent quad cores under $1000. I5 or I7 intel chipsets, I recommend staying away from AMD. But do yourself a favor and don't get anything smaller than 15". I would recommend closer to 17" screen.

Best of luck
Reply Quote
Im not sure I want such a huge laptop
Reply Quote
I have owned this Toshiba for 2 1/2 years. Only to find out that my graphics card gets so hot that it has the possibility of destroying my motherboard. I currently cannot complete a single game in SC2 on lowest settings without my pc shutting down by itself. I'm also on a rather restrictive budget, but I won't be buying another Toshiba for gameing.

Interested in other options, if any more are brought up.
Reply Quote
Here's a couple laptops under $1k that should run D3 np;

Link to ASUS zenbook
http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msstore/en_US/pd/productID.237486800?siteID=SRi0yYDlqd0-cJ1fj89KZYsshgoE_OuE.w

here's an ultrabook from Toshiba
http://us.toshiba.com/computers/laptops/portege/z830/
Edited by IronBrown on 12/21/2011 9:48 AM PST
Reply Quote
Look up Asus, they are really nice. Overclockable and not to bad on price. One thing is your looking for gaming in a 14" laptop. Hardware wont be there for a good price cause its harder to jam it in there. The best you can get for the $ is a 17". They aren't as big as you think and nearly everyone has one today.

I have a Dell Studio with a 1GB Radeon 4650 that i overclocked from 550Mhz to 675Mhz with about 2-4C difference getting no hotter than 56C. i7 processor.

Just make sure what you get has at least a 1GB GPU and look up the speeds to make sure they are 500Mhz + I prefer 600Mhz.

I prefer the i7 over an i5 but I also multi task a lot more and I enjoy the extra threads. Btw, RAM is very cheap to upgrade, dont worry about the ram size because 8GB 1333 is about $35 and sometimes less.
Reply Quote
12/21/2011 10:12 AMPosted by Danewb
Go with a desktop!!! cheaper.

Dude if someone wants a laptop it means they have a reason for it. If hes a student or a traveler you NEED a laptop. So stupid comments like you stated is basically like trolling, its not helping him in any way.
Reply Quote
Lenovo Y570? i5 with 1GB Nvidia 555m. Can get for well under $1,000. However the screen is 15 inch.

http://www.mobiletechreview.com/notebooks/Lenovo-IdeaPad-Y570.htm
Edited by Phunny on 12/21/2011 10:51 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]