Diablo® III

D3 release in February? Look at the picture.

90 Orc Hunter
well this is clearly fake, for one why would best buy put up a sign where the month of a release date is misspelled unless you want every one 2 think you have a bunch of uneducated 16 year olds running your store... come on now, maybe try a little harder next time?
01/07/2012 09:33 AMPosted by Oneshôt
well this is clearly fake, for one why would best buy put up a sign where the month of a release date is misspelled unless you want every one 2 think you have a bunch of uneducated 16 year olds running your store... come on now, maybe try a little harder next time?

well actually, as far as that misspell goes, its actually possible.
shops dont do those posters themselves, they are actually ordered from a place who is specialized into making those. and grammar mistakes can actually happen sometime.

ive worked for many shops before and ive seen it happen, other posters before me said the same thing too
Edited by Fenix on 1/7/2012 9:39 AM PST
Best buy is doing this to increase foot traffic and buzz. The majority of mortar stores make their money when people make purchases they don't intend to prior to entering the store. Best buy loses nothing by putting this up as they aren't beholden to that date.

This is merely a marketing campaign designed to increase their stores pull ability.
Unless of course its just a fake put up by some kids so they could troll here....
D3 was cancelled. Didn't you hear?
85 Dwarf Shaman
i just called gamestop they confirmed that this is fake and the real date is march 2... so i dunno but feb or march sounds right tho imo
well thats a bold statement
01/07/2012 10:04 AMPosted by Depopulation
i just called gamestop they confirmed that this is fake and the real date is march 2... so i dunno but feb or march sounds right tho imo

thanks for the laugh

You made my day haha.
01/07/2012 09:38 AMPosted by Fenix

shops dont do those posters themselves, they are actually ordered from a place who is specialized into making those. and grammar mistakes can actually happen sometime.

ive worked for many shops before and ive seen it happen, other posters before me said the same thing too

You'd expect them to at least be able to properly align the text they misspelled...
85 Night Elf Druid
Gamestop online only says release is early 2012. "Coming Early 2012"!

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/diablo-iii/76157

I wouldn't believe it unless blizz said something. I'm not going to get any hopes up over it.
Edited by Lletholen on 1/7/2012 10:20 AM PST
85 Night Elf Hunter
I think we all know that sign actually says February 1st.....2034

Sorry to stomp all over your fantasys guys =[
Look it's going to be June at the earliest, everyone go play something else.
so did someone just make that , get it in a bestbuy and took a photo? -.-
01/07/2012 10:15 AMPosted by Statix

You'd expect them to at least be able to properly align the text they misspelled...

lol, i honestly didint see that. i just saw it now that you mention it lol
ok yeah, thats the last, obvious nail on the coffin
01/07/2012 10:16 AMPosted by ToolofIsis
That glare is convenient

Well if you really want to know this fake date.. the counter at the bottom says 25:03:16:14 which would mean 25 days, 3 hours, 16 minutes, 14 seconds. You do the math.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]