Diablo® III

B.net on consoles.

100 Night Elf Hunter
Might be a dumb question. But do you think Battle.net will be on consoles?

I ask mainly becuase I happen to have a friend that only plays console games, pretty much strictly, he also has a terrible computer that most likely could not run D3.
But I really want him to try it and experience the Diablo universe, and how epic it is!
He doesn't believe me ;)

Edit: I also wanna be able to play WITH him. using my PC.
Edited by Alondria on 1/13/2012 7:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
- ANZ
They said that they don't "port" to consoles. The game has to feel as if it was designed for consoles, and due to the large difference in how Console and PC games play out, I highly doubt that the two games will end up being exactly the same.

If the game isn't the same on both platforms, people won't be able to play together, as they would likely end up using different features and such that wouldn't be supported across both platforms. Numbers and values for balance would come into the mix as well.

No signature.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Kind of dissapointing. But I understand why they would make them seperate for balancing issue's.

I'm hoping for PS3 to be on B.net still though! :D
If i remember currectly Borderlands was on Xboxlive still. But the PS3 version was hosted on Gamespy (Terrible idea, Gamespy's so laggy). I hope to god they don't use Gamespy, But that also gives me hope that a big game like this would have to be on a popular network.
Edited by Alondria on 1/14/2012 9:05 AM PST
Reply Quote
It could probably be done because from what I understand Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is being released for cross-platform multiplayer for PC, Mac and PS3. But yeah, Microsoft is too uptight with XBL for that..
Reply Quote
One thing that I wonder is that if B.net is not part of the console games (thus the whole game and all of the systems are on the disc), how much different do the pc/console versions have to be to prevent hackers and 3rd party programmers from decompiling the console versions of the game to create hacks for the PC version.
Reply Quote
I wouldn't think Diablo 3 is coming out for consoles. Blizzard hasn't moved into console play and I don't think that they will. They have amazing PC engineers but 0 Xbox or Playstation engineers. They would need to hire an entirely new team and work out plenty of deals and junk with the console companies. WAY too much of a change IMO. Half-life 2 created a console version about 5+ years later and it was one of the most popular games of its time lol.

Plus cross-console play hasn't been done yet. The xbox 360 players will be playing Diablo 3 amongst themselves.
Reply Quote

Plus cross-console play hasn't been done yet. The xbox 360 players will be playing Diablo 3 amongst themselves.

Quake 3, FFXI, Fantasy Star Online, and others say hello :)
Reply Quote

Keep in mind, Blizzard has talked about console games before. They never happened. I'll believe it when I see it.

The only game Blizzard has released since the activision merger is Starcraft 2, which is obviously not a fit with console controls.

You can pretty much bank on D3 coming to consoles in one form or another...
Reply Quote

Quake 3, FFXI, Fantasy Star Online, and others say hello :)

Shadowrun, and Portal 2 on PS3 aswell.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
They said that they don't "port" to consoles. The game has to feel as if it was designed for consoles, and due to the large difference in how Console and PC games play out, I highly doubt that the two games will end up being exactly the same.

If the game isn't the same on both platforms, people won't be able to play together, as they would likely end up using different features and such that wouldn't be supported across both platforms. Numbers and values for balance would come into the mix as well.

No signature.

The large difference of course being that the console version has to suck so bad you want to slit your wrists after just the opening cinematic.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]