Diablo® III

Diablo Digital to CE Characters/Items

90 Goblin Warrior
So not sure if this has been addressed yet, forgive me if it was.

I've got the CE pre-ordered on Amazon and it likely wont arrive until mid-day of release, but I also have the digital copy from the WoW annual pass I signed up for. If I were to create my character(s) at midnight of release with my digital copy, then later upgrade to the CE when it arrives, will my already created characters receive the CE items? Or is there some way to recover them in-game?
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warrior
So not sure if this has been addressed yet, forgive me if it was.

I've got the CE pre-ordered on Amazon and it likely wont arrive until mid-day of release, but I also have the digital copy from the WoW annual pass I signed up for. If I were to create my character(s) at midnight of release with my digital copy, then later upgrade to the CE when it arrives, will my already created characters receive the CE items? Or is there some way to recover them in-game?

You put your CE cd-key into bnet and then your acct gets the items.

You will also get 4 months taken off your time required to pay on the annual pass. It was in the faq.

Taken from: http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/world-of-warcraft-annual-pass-faq

What if I purchase the Diablo III Collector's Edition?
If you decide to purchase the Diablo III Collector's Edition when it's available, and then choose to add your Collector's Edition license key to the Battle.net account associated with your existing World of Warcraft Annual Pass promotion, you will receive all of the benefits associated with the Collector's Edition, plus receive four months of World of Warcraft game time which is eligible towards your 12-month subscription commitment. After you purchase the Diablo III Collector's Edition you just need to input the product key into the Battle.net account associated with your World of Warcraft 12-month commitment and that account will then receive the next 4 months of World of Warcraft game time for free. For example, if you already had a month of game time on the associated World of Warcraft account when you input your Diablo III Collector's Edition product key, it would then be 5 months until your next subscription payment was due.

Yeah but I'm curious if it'll apply to characters created before updating to the CE. If I remember correctly the wings sit in your inventory, seems like it would be a bit more difficult to distribute items to already created characters with no mail system(WoW) . How will they handle characters with a full inventory/stash?
Edited by Cren on 1/13/2012 8:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
You only get one pair of wings for your entire account. So this shouldn't be an issue. Once you upgrade, the next time you log in, they should be sitting in your shared stash. So keep in mind, if you want to switch them to a different Toon be sure to stick them in your shared stash before you swap toons.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]