Diablo® III

RMT AH dropped for the Korean version?

85 Human Priest
So I've been reading several blogs out there on the internet about the South Korean rating board raising a fuss as a result the company dropped the RMT auction house for the Korean version of D3. Most of the topics primarily focus on potentially violating the country's anti-gambling rules...What about games like Aion that are Korean based with North American mock ups that run real money stores on the main website? A prime example 5x Felicitous Socketing (Eternal) supplements for $9.99 that gives a "100%" chance to enhance SOME in game items for something that is otherwise an in game gamble. Paying real money to stack the house in your gambling favor for games which have Korean origin is OK? However paying real money VIA in game auction to enhance the experience in your favor is somehow forbidden?

I realize this doesn't affect a lot of us myself included... but the whole topic seems somewhat shady and worthy of acknowledgement.
Reply Quote
I guess if you buy a digital item for X amount of money, It's fine.

But if you have to pay X amount of money (however small...) and possibly, in case nobody bids, get nothing in return - It's not okay.

At least that's how I understood it, haven't read up on it too much. Honestly It doesn't make any sense to me either, but I don't live there. Different country, different rules...
Reply Quote
If that's the case, they might as well ban all of their stock market trading. It's essentially the same thing.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
them not getting it doesnt bother me, im just glad im getting it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]