Diablo® III

i am sure this was already answered

Can we download the game client before we go pick it up at midnight launch so that once back home we dont have to wait for it
Reply Quote
More than likely the servers are going to be as slow as molasses for the first few weeks after release.

So CAN you download it at release, sure... but it might take you a day and a half to finish downloading it.
Reply Quote
No official answer at this time. The current assumption is that you will not be able to pre-load the game unless you pre-ordered the digital download from Blizzard.
Reply Quote
Are they selling the digital copy yet?
Reply Quote
85 Troll Rogue
last thread i read about this had everyone confirming that yes, you'll be able to download the game prior, then verify it with a key so you can get to playing.

i dont know firsthand, but people said this is how they handled SC2
Reply Quote
digital copy FTW, not interested in some box and book, not interested in the lore either I just want to mindlessly kill monsters over and over. preload would be nice tho
Edited by HOOLIGAN on 1/14/2012 7:58 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
The way around this would be to have a friend that did the wow annual pass come over and log in on your PC then they can download it to your machine. You should be able to start the patches before you leave for the Midnight release and when the servers go live at 3am (assuming you are EST) start playing right away.
Reply Quote
With Cata, they opened up the digital about a couple weeks out. It was a looong download but since it's doing it slowly in the background over the week you don't mind. Once it's release day just a short download and your ready to go. D3 is following the same home menu that Wow has.. so it does install while your playing.
Edited by D3BETA on 1/14/2012 8:29 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]