Diablo® III

Could Adria be Lilith?

27 Gnome Mage
What Cain said about her in the book makes me wonder.

"I found her knowledge about mysticism and demonology most valuable, though I found her behavior to be peculiar at times."

Adria took Gillian the barmaid with her to Caldeum. Adria gave birth there then left Leah for Gillian to raise. Why would she leave her baby and just disappear like that?
Reply Quote
Interesting theory. Its a possibility but somehow I doubt it.
Reply Quote
Very well!!!
Reply Quote
19 Draenei Shaman
I had a similar thought Gidgity. Here are my thoughts:

*Adria is actually possessed by Lilith.
*Adria made contact with Lilith in the void and was Lilith's "ride" back to Sanctuary.
*Adria/Lilith came to Tristram with the purpose of becoming impregnated by the host of Diablo.
*Leah actually has 4 parents, her human parents and her "spiritual" parents, since both human parents were under possession when she was conceived.
* Leah is not Diablo but has a psychic link to Diablo, maybe that was Lilith's purpose all along, so that she can keep an eye on what the Big 3 are up to.
*Or maybe Lilith is hoping to correct her mistake with Uldyssian and birthing a child with Nephalem powers instead of awakening them.
Edited by Kayonia on 1/24/2012 2:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
27 Gnome Mage
Lilith posed as a human during the Sin War. She was banished twice by Inarius so that could be why she left Leah to be raised by Gillian. Now she's waiting for Leah to grow up so she can return and empower her like she did with Uldyssian. Only Leah would be much more powerful. And the Black Soulstone?

In the video Azmodan could be talking to Lilith so that's how Leah could see it happening. Could the Black Soulstone hold the powers of the Demons and Angels combined?

That could be why it's the key. They are equal in power so you would need to have the powers of both to overcome one or the other.
Edited by Gidgity on 1/25/2012 3:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
34 Human Mage
Aiden - The Dark Wanderer from Diablo 2 (The Warrior playable character from from Diablo 1)

Adria - The Witch from Diablo 1

(My Thoughts on what is likely going on)

Adria came to Tristram after dark things started happening when most everyone else was fleeing in the opposite direction. That is odd behavior indeed.

I do not believe Adria is Lilth since I highly doubt Lilth would be able to concieve a child with a human.

If Adria was Lilith in disguise then Diablo would sense her.
She could hide in Adria maybe not fully taking her over but maybe compelling her to do things or planting thoughts and ideas into Adria's head. This makes sense because Adria left a diary as we learn in the Beta, this tells us that Adria is not Lilith is disguise as a Demon would not have left a Diary behind. The more I think about it the more I like the theory that Adria is being fed ideas from Lilith.

But Lilth was tossed into the void. True, but Lilth has escaped the void before.
We know from the Sin Wars that you can escape the void if someone from Sanctuary can make a link with you. Adria is a powerful witch she could have made a link to Lilth.

We know that Adria ends up "consoling" Aiden even though he has a big crystal poking out of his head. No woman of her own volition would have hopped into bed with him. Lilith is a Succubus, she deals in seduction.

Adria gets pregnant and leaves Tristram, I think this is the moment Lilith fully takes over Adria as she will want to insert some of her own essence into the child (as well as Diablo's). Adria has the baby and likely dies soon after because Lilith has drained her body and spirit, as is the usual case when someone is possed too long.
Reply Quote
I don't really have anything to add, other than thinking this to be a likely possibility. It certainly fits Lilith's MO.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
Adria must have left Leah with Gillian, fearing that Leah would be the direct offspring from diablo himself.

Since Blizzard announced that Lilith wouldn't be in the game i stopped believing on the possibility of Adria being her...

Same goes for inarius.
Reply Quote

Or Option C:

Deckard Cain has been influenced by Belial too much and his book to Leah is a big fat LIE.

OT: It would indeed be interesting if Adria was actually Lilith. It is still possible it was her all along given her tremendous powers can enable her to hide under the nose of Diablo.

But if this is the case then Leah is almost a pure Demon. I would rather go for now that Adria was simply "influenced".

On another note maybe Adria did truly love Aiden and vice versa while he can still control Diablo thus Leah's special link to Diablo is indeed the key to SAVING Sanctuary. Fits the true love defeats all evil theme.
Reply Quote
Leah : Adria was my mother, but i dont know much about her. She died when i was very young.

I gues this kills our speculations ?
Reply Quote
I entertained the possibility of this for some time but it seemed odd to me that they would make Lillith such an integral part of the ongoing story after introducing her as nothing more than a minor boss in the Diablo 2.

I will be very curious to see how Adria's role in the story pans out.
Edited by ethos on 4/5/2012 4:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Or Option C:

Deckard Cain has been influenced by Belial too much and his book to Leah is a big fat LIE.OT: It would indeed be interesting if Adria was actually Lilith. It is still possible it was her all along given her tremendous powers can enable her to hide under the nose of Diablo.

But if this is the case then Leah is almost a pure Demon. I would rather go for now that Adria was simply "influenced".

On another note maybe Adria did truly love Aiden and vice versa while he can still control Diablo thus Leah's special link to Diablo is indeed the key to SAVING Sanctuary. Fits the true love defeats all evil theme.

Lilith is not able to hide from Diablo, Lucion could detect her and he was Mefisto's son.
Reply Quote
[/quote]
Lilith is not able to hide from Diablo, Lucion could detect her and he was Mefisto's son.[/quote]

Lucion was Lilith's brother...
Reply Quote
Mephisto's son and Diablo's nephew, your point?
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Warrior
I entertained the possibility of this for some time but it seemed odd to me that they would make Lillith such an integral part of the ongoing story after introducing her as nothing more than a minor boss in the Diablo 2.

I will be very curious to see how Adria's role in the story pans out.

Lilith fits as a minor boss. She isn't a prime or lesser evil regardless of how much we all love her and her ability to tamper with things.

To be honest. Unlocking and then rolling Lilith in D2 is not minor in the least.
Reply Quote
It has been stated that the Lillith encounter in Diablo 2 is not canon.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warrior
except, how many stories climaxed with "but i thought you were dead!"

e.g. "luke, I AM your father"
Reply Quote
ew.. incest... if Adria = Lillith (niece) and Aidan = Diablo (uncle)
Edited by shykull#1199 on 4/26/2012 12:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Death Knight
Adria could of left Leah with Gillian because she wanted someone she could trust and you know, not a witch like her, to raise her daughter. If she was possessed or corrupted or whatever, had the child and then still had some sense of control left, then yeah she chose someone she trusted, gave the child to her to raise, and then left before she did anything stupid.

As for Adria's fate, I've read different stuff. I've read that at the BlizzCon they said she was dead, and I've read that Jay Wilson said we'd meet her in D3. Honestly I have no idea which is true since I find anywhere of Jay Wilson saying we'd meet her other than people saying it and Wikis saying it, so I'm inclined to believe the most recent one that there's some proof of, which is that she's dead and we'll find out how.
Reply Quote
Or maybe Leah is the one being possessed by Lilith.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]