Diablo® III

Angelic Wings from Collector's Edition?

Does anyone know if these cool wings give stats or are they just for looks?
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
In keeping with Blizzard's "CE rewards are cosmetic only" I would imagine they just give you wings.

Like redbull.
Reply Quote
Yes, just for looks I believe.
Reply Quote
No, no stats.
Edited by Razoth on 1/15/2012 9:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
aw that shucks. Well it does look cool.
Reply Quote
Yeah its bad practice to give bonuses to people who buy a more expensive version.
Reply Quote
Nope it just for looks. No stat bonuses. And you can turn it on or off depending on your preference.

Hell, I wish there was also a "Demonic Wing" counterpart too. Or even better how about some-sort of a "Demonic Possession" cosmetic appearance, eh?
Edited by Eroldren on 1/15/2012 9:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
01/15/2012 09:32 PMPosted by Eroldren
Hell, I wish there was also a "Demonic Wing" counterpart too. Or even better how about some-sort of a "Demonic Possession" cosmetic appearance, eh?

Expansion pack, probably for when the inevitable "Good Guy Demon Faction" appears, since that seems to be all the rage with Blizzard and their franchises this decade.
Reply Quote
Buying stats on a paid game is like Blizzard saying "!@#$ The World Casuals will always pay money no matter what'' sadly this is actually true.
Reply Quote
I'm only going to consider CE if they show a preview of the wings and the smoke/cloud dyes.
Edited by D3BETA on 1/15/2012 10:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
Have they answered anywhere concerning the issue with angelic wings in hardcore mode when you die. @ Can you lose them? How does the binding works? Can you get them back? Can you delete them by accident and lose them forever? Why aren't there simply an option in the menu to toggle them on/off and why is it an item? .-. /so many questions
Edited by Khaotix on 1/15/2012 10:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
Have they answered anywhere concerning the issue with angelic wings in hardcore mode when you die. @ Can you lose them? How does the binding works? Can you get them back? Can you delete them by accident and lose them forever? Why aren't them simply an option in the menu to toggle them on/off and why is it an item? .-. /so many questions

The wings will be an item in your inventory. You just activate/deactive it from that item.

I hope its not just one item and have to send it to your other characters if you want to use them. Instead, anytime you make a character, it should already be in their inventory.
Reply Quote
01/15/2012 10:04 PMPosted by Khaotix
Have they answered anywhere concerning the issue with angelic wings in hardcore mode when you die. @ Can you lose them? How does the binding works? Can you get them back? Can you delete them by accident and lose them forever? Why aren't there simply an option in the menu to toggle them on/off and why is it an item? .-. /so many questions

the ce items are tied to your account so you wont lose them in hc. also i think this will keep you from trading them
Reply Quote
They don't give you stats but they give you STATUS and everyone knows that's what chicks dig.
Reply Quote
01/15/2012 10:04 PMPosted by Khaotix

They said it sum where i cant remember were that each time you make a new char you will have a set of wings and dies for it just like in wow with the pets when you make a new toon.
Reply Quote
The only post i've seen is that you get 1 set of wings for your account, if you want to wear it on another character you must put it in the stash and trade it.

As far as hardcore, i don't know what happens to them.

/sips coffee
Reply Quote
01/15/2012 08:58 PMPosted by SkrillexBeat
Does anyone know if these cool wings give stats or are they just for looks?
The wings play DnB and The wimpwomp womp wimp womp womps. Because they are made of sound.
Reply Quote
Shiney!
Reply Quote
bash' says somewhere that you get the wings everytime you make a char', so you won't lose them in hc
Reply Quote
The only post i've seen is that you get 1 set of wings for your account, if you want to wear it on another character you must put it in the stash and trade it.

As far as hardcore, i don't know what happens to them.

/sips coffee

Bash did say this, but he then came back and told us he had made a mistake, and you actually get a set of wings on each new character you create.

You don't have to worry about losing them on hardcore, because your new character will get its own new set of wings.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]