Diablo® III

Is D3 going to be 3D?

I just got a new computer and its 3d ready, is there any word that its going to be compatible?
Reply Quote
I'm leaning towards not, although there was this big tangent they did a few months back about how ready the game was...
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
if you have the right hardware, most games can be played in stereoscopic 3d. 2d and isometric games don't typically work as well as games with 3d movement. i imagine that D3 will work alright, but won't be anything spectacular.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
3D :P

put to monitors next to each other, knock out all but the red pins on one and all but the blue pins on the other duplicate desktop and get a pair of 3d glasses from a 1950's theater, there you go ghetto 3d
Reply Quote
Yep. 3D gameplay is done through the Graphics Card and doesn't require any particular programming in the software to function. Certain games work better than others, of course. I do know that Blizzard has had a close partnership with Nvidia, and there games tend to work very well with 3D displays.
Reply Quote
94 Draenei Hunter
They had many computers set up at blizzcon with 3D set up. I watched and played D3 on a 3D set up. Wasnt amazing but not terrible either.
Reply Quote
It works, and looks, wonderful.
Reply Quote
It works, they had demos running it at blizzcon near the nVidia booth.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]