Diablo® III

My Demon Hunter

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#eSZldT!bWV!bbcbaa

Build using a Bow - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/windforce

Entangling - My only Hatred generator (imo, more than 1 wastes space)
Multishot - For Large groups
Impale - For Single targets, high damage
Rain of Vengeance - To make an entrance!
Vault - Movement / Stun
Companion - extra gold!

Passives - +Hatred, +Life, +Damage
Edited by Sword on 1/18/2012 8:34 AM PST
Reply Quote
Solid
Reply Quote
I hope multi shot owns!!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Looks pretty solid. You got your snares, AoE damage, high single target damage, evasive maneuvers, and extra gold find. I see no issue with it. My only thing is with the rune choice on vault. When I use this ability in beta my goal is jump away from any mobs and take them out at range, so stunning nearby mobs where you lands seems a little useless to me as I will be trying to jump to a clear area. I'd probably use the action shot rune over what you have.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
On another note, we have no idea how things like multishot, reign of vengeance, runes, ect are actually going to play out seeing as we don't have access to them yet, but it's still fun to theory craft.
Reply Quote
I like the knockback and Stun on Vault, both very valuable to have on Ranged char

but now that you mention it, make impale a knockback/stun, and Vault cheap to cast, also swapped in Steady Aim passive, since i'll be keeping my distance

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#eSZldT!bYV!bbYbba
Edited by Sword on 1/25/2012 1:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
This will only be a solid build through NM, after that you lack in control. ES will not be enough to keep things slowed often enough. If your constantly using it for your slow you'll have too much hatred to use it effectively. With it only working on three people you'll need to be spamming it to keep mobs off you. RoV will only go so far because of it's cost (Golden is certainly looking like the best option for it, but you have way too many golden runes as they will likely be the hardest to get.)

Companion is the obvious choice to get rid of. Especially as ferrets its more of a liability, finding more gold will not be a big enough reason to keep it. Which makes fixing the build also really easy. Replace Companion for Caltrops with Crimson.

Archery is only good if your going to use a xBow. 10% increased damage isn't that much, and since you'll be using ES a great deal, you can get 20% out of Cull the Weak. Even then there are other passives that just work much better overall then Archery.

Brooding is also useless. In lower difficulties, you probably won't be taking nearly enough damage to need the regen. In higher difficulties it is really unlikely that you'll be dodging ALL the ranged attacks coming at you all the time.

I like smoke screen a lot more then vault, it provides the same distance of escape but can also provide damage, and you get more control out of where you run to then with vault which is a set distance in a set direction.

Impale is a great damaging ability but also requires you to be in range (as you have it runed) which takes away it's value, as we'll not really ever want to be that close to enemies. Even with DEX providing dodge it's unlikely that we will be stout enough to survive being in close too often.

I would change Brooding for Cull the Weak, and Archery for Tactical Advantage. Vengeance's value completely depends on your play style. It's great if your capable of saving the orbs for when they are needed either for resource gain, or for health, but if that doesn't fit your play style it's better to replace it with something else. Thrill of the hunt is awesome for it's added control of a particular monster on demand.

If your not planning on going further than NM your build is pretty solid, but it will be at a severe disadvantage after that.
Reply Quote
This will only be a solid build through NM, after that you lack in control. ES will not be enough to keep things slowed often enough. If your constantly using it for your slow you'll have too much hatred to use it effectively. With it only working on three people you'll need to be spamming it to keep mobs off you. RoV will only go so far because of it's cost (Golden is certainly looking like the best option for it, but you have way too many golden runes as they will likely be the hardest to get.)

Companion is the obvious choice to get rid of. Especially as ferrets its more of a liability, finding more gold will not be a big enough reason to keep it. Which makes fixing the build also really easy. Replace Companion for Caltrops with Crimson.

Archery is only good if your going to use a xBow. 10% increased damage isn't that much, and since you'll be using ES a great deal, you can get 20% out of Cull the Weak. Even then there are other passives that just work much better overall then Archery.

Brooding is also useless. In lower difficulties, you probably won't be taking nearly enough damage to need the regen. In higher difficulties it is really unlikely that you'll be dodging ALL the ranged attacks coming at you all the time.

I like smoke screen a lot more then vault, it provides the same distance of escape but can also provide damage, and you get more control out of where you run to then with vault which is a set distance in a set direction.

Impale is a great damaging ability but also requires you to be in range (as you have it runed) which takes away it's value, as we'll not really ever want to be that close to enemies. Even with DEX providing dodge it's unlikely that we will be stout enough to survive being in close too often.

I would change Brooding for Cull the Weak, and Archery for Tactical Advantage. Vengeance's value completely depends on your play style. It's great if your capable of saving the orbs for when they are needed either for resource gain, or for health, but if that doesn't fit your play style it's better to replace it with something else. Thrill of the hunt is awesome for it's added control of a particular monster on demand.

If your not planning on going further than NM your build is pretty solid, but it will be at a severe disadvantage after that.

TLDR
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
I would also drop ferret for caltrops. Drop those and vault provides distance between mobs and locks down mobs for you to pick off
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
Lol if you wanted some short !@# post saying your build is good, or it sucks fix it, then you should say so, I put thought into my answers in hopes of actually helping.

But since you want short and sweet.

Your build sucks, won't get past NM fix it.
Reply Quote
I realise there are better skills that one that does nothing but increase gold find, but since gold in D3 will be much more valuable and needed than previous games, I thought I'd try it, then again there's +gold find items
Reply Quote
well was trying to stay away from a slowing build, as my increased damage relies on them being slowed rather than inherent, none the less.

01/25/2012 08:49 PMPosted by Jungcall
vault is completely uselss skill unles u do pvp. trust me u can easily out-run most of monsters in diablo, i actually played d2.

yeah but it's cheap to cast, since I only have 2 discipline skills, i'll swap for smokescreen with hatred regen, I actually played D1 and D2

out on a limb here, Multishot with discipline regen, as long as I hit 4 enemies per volley, I can alternate Smokescreen/Multishot 'til I can't regen enough discipline. (not using night stalker)

Entangling shot - 6 second slow, Cull the weak

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#eSZliT!bcV!ZaYbca
Edited by Sword on 1/28/2012 8:43 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/25/2012 10:17 PMPosted by Sasukekun
Your build sucks, won't get past NM fix it.

Challenge Accepted
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]