Diablo® III

We are having a big meeting...

Huge baby on a forum is being a huge baby.

/sips coffee

Coming from the lil kid and his RP shenanigans.
Right...
01/11/2012 08:46 AMPosted by jeff
It's simple the game was promised to come out, it was delayed, and delayed, and delayed again. We want some real info not "were shooting for early 2010" "were polishing" "now we have serious mechanics to fix" seriously show some shame and humility and just apologize and explain what's going on.

The game was never "promised" to come out and any time, and they have told us what is going on. Just because you don't like the answer given is not Blizzard's problem. They are not going to lay out detailed breakdowns of the issues they are dealing with. No company does that, no matter how good their customer service. Further, even if they were willing to, I would honestly rather they spend their time fixing those problems than explaining them to us. All I really need to know is "It's not ready yet, but we are working on it".

Besides, it's not like knowing what the holdup is would make people feel any better. They would just find something else to whine about, probably along the lines of "Why is Blizzard wasting their time on X feature which I think is stupid! Just release the game now kthxbai".
Edited by Arixan on 1/11/2012 8:55 AM PST
Half the people here want every small detail about what's going on in hopes of obtaining clues and feeling "communicated with." The other half wants no communication other than hard dates and facts.

This communities such an inconsistent mess. Trying to make you people happy does seem pointless.
90 Orc Warrior
I see both sides of this but honestly I agree with the OP. FOUR FREAKIN years later we are still waiting for a hack n slash and while its not only *not* released yet we are being trolled by Blizzard employee's. Vague posts of meetings that drive people to the forums all hours of the day, Bash trolling us with his beard shaving, people screaming about a Tuesday update so they post a WoW background. I mean next they are going to say their forum mods got a 1 week suspension for trolling us and not post ANYTHING for a week while laughing how they are trolling us by punishing themselves for trolling. ASDL;FJASDKL;FJSDFKL;JASDFKL;SDJF
Community Manager
If you're looking to our personal Twitter accounts for any hints of information that might help you ascertain a release date of Diablo III, you're going to be disappointed.

I'm assuming you're referring to my tweet about a "big meeting." I have several meetings a day and just felt like being silly on my personal feed on a Monday morning. Was it really enlightening or informative? No. Was there ANY indication that meeting had anything to do with Diablo III development or release? No. (Because it didn't.) Do I sometimes tweet about the weather, cute cats, rocks on the ground, and other random stuff that won't bring you any closer to your copy of the game? Totally.

01/11/2012 06:04 AMPosted by Cowyannker
If you guys don't have anything of importance to say please do us a favor and don't say anything.

Since everything you mentioned in your OP was taken from Twitter, I'm assuming you're asking that we not use our personal social media accounts to communicate with anyone until our company announces a release date for Diablo III.

The unfortunate fact is we're human beings. We use social media to communicate with others about day-to-day affairs, whether or not what we're saying pertains to our jobs.

If you want to follow what we're saying, awesome. But if you feel like any post we make that has anything to do with our careers, yet isn't breaking news about the status of Diablo III, is just a huge tease or attempt to bait you... well, you're crazy... and almost as excited for this game as we are. :)
01/11/2012 10:03 AMPosted by Zarhym
Do I sometimes tweet about the weather, cute cats, rocks on the ground, and other random stuff

I think I need to start following you on twitter....
why can't we thumbs up blues?
Community Manager
01/11/2012 06:39 AMPosted by Cowyannker
Nope, I'm not demanding anything. I'm suggesting that when it comes to a product release date they shouldn't announce a buisness meeting specifically regarding that project and through offical channels without having some actual information to present to the community.

After reading this post I'm quite confused. Do you have a link to an announcement made via one of our official channels where we said we were having a business meeting about a product release?

I'm pretty sure what you're referring to doesn't exist. It actually seems you, or someone who told you this, filled in a lot of blanks incorrectly.
If you're looking to our personal Twitter accounts for any hints of information that might help you ascertain a release date of Diablo III, you're going to be disappointed.

I'm assuming you're referring to my tweet about a "big meeting." I have several meetings a day and just felt like being silly on my personal feed on a Monday morning. Was it really enlightening or informative? No. Was there ANY indication that meeting had anything to do with Diablo III development or release? No. (Because it didn't.) Do I sometimes tweet about the weather, cute cats, rocks on the ground, and other random stuff that won't bring you any closer to your copy of the game? Totally.

If you guys don't have anything of importance to say please do us a favor and don't say anything.

Since everything you mentioned in your OP was taken from Twitter, I'm assuming you're asking that we not use our personal social media accounts to communicate with anyone until our company announces a release date for Diablo III.

The unfortunate fact is we're human beings. We use social media to communicate with others about day-to-day affairs, whether or not what we're saying pertains to our jobs.

If you want to follow what we're saying, awesome. But if you feel like any post we make that has anything to do with our careers, yet isn't breaking news about the status of Diablo III, is just a huge tease or attempt to bait you... well, you're crazy... and almost as excited for this game as we are. :)

You task us! You task us and we shall have you!
90 Human Death Knight
I think it is safe to say that March is out of the picture for release. 11 weeks is not enough time between announcement and release.
01/11/2012 10:03 AMPosted by Zarhym
well, you're crazy...

Crazy, yes.

But I read your twitter feed because I like cute rocks and cats on the ground too.

Since you're here anyways, can you convince someone to post more in the game guide? Like, complete items, for instance? That'd be awesome, thanks!

P.S. Sharks are cool too.
87 Draenei Priest
... Do I sometimes tweet about the weather, cute cats, rocks on the ground, and other random stuff that won't bring you any closer to your copy of the game? Totally.

***snip****

Keep them Congas talking. Some folks are listening just for the enjoyment of the sound.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]