Will my bad computer be able to run diablo 3 alright? D:

Quad core 2.40 GHz
3 gigs of ram
NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT

My computer is pretty old and stuff so I don't know how well
it will fair with diablo 3 D:

Ugh I need to buy a better computer but that will not happen for awhile
Reply Quote
video card might need updated for the best graphics with a high resolution (depending on your monitor), otherwise everything else looks OK.

Long as your not running too many applications at the same time.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-system-requirements
Reply Quote
It will run but graphics at low performance.

http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/video-card-support-for-diablo-iii-part-2
Reply Quote
Blue guy??? Get him!!!! .... Lol kidding
Reply Quote
01/12/2012 11:25 PMPosted by Bashiok

No offense, but i really doubt your going to be able to run D3 with maxed out graphical options on a high rez monitor with those "recommended" system requirements.
Reply Quote
im so calling my father to tell him bashiok is back
Reply Quote
video card might need updated for the best graphics with a high resolution (depending on your monitor), otherwise everything else looks OK.

Long as your not running too many applications at the same time.

mmmm alright, I mean I don't know how long this crappy HP will keep going so I should probably save some money for a new PC D:

As long as I can play it smoothly on any setting i'm fine.. I don't play because of graphics :)

I just need to save like 1500 and build a decent computer :/

1500 is a pretty high end system now a days. Here's one for $650 shipped with no OS. (you can use the one from your current system). If you need an OS, newegg sells Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit for $100. Still way less than $1500.

http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=19359766

This system assumes you will use your current monitor, keyboard, mouse etc.
Edited by Sean on 1/12/2012 11:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/12/2012 11:31 PMPosted by Sean

No offense, but i really doubt your going to be able to run D3 with maxed out graphical options on a high rez monitor with those "recommended" system requirements.

I need to try it again because I haven't tested it since I first got beta, but my system seemed to take a performance hit when shadows were on the highest setting...and it far exceeds the recommended hardware:

OC'd i7 2600k
Nvidia GTX 285
16GB RAM
Intel SSD
15 Mb/sec fiber connection

I'd like to get away with not having to buy a new video card yet....but it's Diablo...I'll feed the retail version whatever it needs to look as awesome as possible.
Reply Quote
There's a lot of choices out there if you want to go pre-built for $850, and pretty decent to boot. I'd recommend looking at tigerdirect as well as newegg, but if you can get your bro to put it together for you (or maybe that local dude :p) or you don't mind trying yourself I would highly recommend buying all the components separately and building it yourself.

It's not as scary as you'd think it is, and you can get a much better rig for the same price, but if it's not your cup of tea then like I said those 2 sites offer a lot of good deals. (I would personally avoid HP, but that's just because of my personal distaste for the company :p )
Reply Quote
01/12/2012 11:25 PMPosted by Bashiok

Twas the night before the Diablo 3 release and all through the house, not a creature was giving system specs, except a Bashiok.
Reply Quote
For $850, comparing to the list i posted, I'd probably upgrade the ram to 8GB first, then get an Nvidia GTX560 Ti or GTX570. If you got money to burn after those two upgrades and you feel comfortable with the size of the SSD, then I'd look at getting a faster processor. The best gaming processor for the buck right now would be an Intel Core i5 2500.

After that it's all pretty much just "extra's". A fancier case, a motherboard with more ports, new input devices, new headphones/speakers etc etc etc.

Reply Quote
im glad the system requirements are low, just like sc2.
Reply Quote
01/12/2012 11:31 PMPosted by Sean

Nobody said the game will run maxed out on a high rez monitor with the recommended settings.

"Recommended Settings" means the game will run satisfactory with that hardware with conservative settings.

"Minimum Settings" means the game will run on that hardware at the minimum settings.

Reply Quote
Seeing as this is already a thread, I might need a bit of help with a new computer I'm buying as well!

I'll be using it for D3 of course, but I'll also be using it for some video and photo editing, writing, etc. I'm not quite as seasoned as some of the guys on the forum so I'll post the specs I'm looking at as of now:

Dell XPS 15
Intel i5 2430 2.4 ghz (with a boost up to 3.0, not sure how I would go about that, though).
6GB Ram (can go up to 8GB for a small price, just need to know if it is necessary)
750GB HD
NVIDIA GeForce GT540M 2GB

Any feedback would be great. I'm sure it could easily run D3 at low-med settings, but I wanna know if I would be able to run the game well while experiencing all the stuff the game has to offer, ultra settings excluded.
Reply Quote
01/12/2012 11:46 PMPosted by thejones

I need to try it again because I haven't tested it since I first got beta, but my system seemed to take a performance hit when shadows were on the highest setting...and it far exceeds the recommended hardware:

OC'd i7 2600k
Nvidia GTX 285
16GB RAM
Intel SSD
15 Mb/sec fiber connection

I'd like to get away with not having to buy a new video card yet....but it's Diablo...I'll feed the retail version whatever it needs to look as awesome as possible.

Well, you problem is definitely NOT your CPU, it's definitely not the amount of RAM, that leaves your Graphics card... I mean, I overclocked my I7 2600K to 4.2 Ghz on air cooling and it will not top 100% CPU usage in any game I play (shooters, SC2, etc...). and I got 8 GB of memory. I max everything out in every game as it is...

But then, I have an ATI HD5850 card... I dunno about D3 right now since *Hint Hint Blizzard" I am not in the Beta, but I'm sure it will run smoothly without any kind of hiccup.

If it did, I'd be one surprised guy!

Think about upgrading graphics if you really want all maxed out with smooth FPS, but your card is just fine I'm sure for 95% of the gameplay at least with options maxed out...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]