Diablo® III

My Diablo 3 Machine

Get at least a 1200 or 850w power supply. They last a long time and you can use the same one when upgrading parts over time in your machine.

It would suck to get a 600w power supply, then later down the road realize you need a 800+ one to run the machine when you want to upgrade. This is a common mistake every newby builder makes.

It's a good investment to spend the extra cash on a bigger Watt power supply. Otherwise you're just gonna be spending more money down the road when you want to upgrade.

Your advice is dangerous. A 450W PSU, like Rosewill Capstone, is enough to run any single card configuration and then some, with room to OC very very much.

A 1200W PSU can power like 4 single card systems running at full gaming load.

OP has a 600W Corsair, it is top of the line and will last forever. 2 GPU's just fine. Dont recommend sticks of dynamite.
Edited by Medrea on 1/16/2012 2:25 AM PST
Reply Quote
I think I like the psu i choose. I don't got the 200 or 300 dollars for a power supply. I might get some crazy big psu in the future when the money's right.

I might do a lil upgrading but nothing crazy. I can take the ssd to my next system barring the installs don't get crazy big. I think i might just go with the amd phenom ii 960t.
Can't wait to see the how the bulldozers do in win8.(8 core madness)

Doesn't d3 only use 2 cores?
Edited by Landing on 1/16/2012 3:10 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/16/2012 03:03 AMPosted by Landing
Doesn't d3 only use 2 cores?

it definately uses up to 4 cores from my beta experience. I have 2700K with hyperthreading enabled and it uses 4 out of 8 cores the whole time. the usage is spread evenly, but I think your CPU will be fine; it might struggle a bit when the game gets crowdy tho.
Edited by Asurastrike on 1/16/2012 3:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
btw your 600w corsair psu is overkill. you can further reduce the cost picking up some 30 dollar one as 550 doesnt use a lot of power. a 400w one will do.
Reply Quote
The 960t or the 925?
Reply Quote
without a doubt the 960t is much more powerful and it's quad core.
Edited by Asurastrike on 1/16/2012 3:44 AM PST
Reply Quote
Yeah i'm going with da 960t it seems the best for the money.
Edited by Landing on 1/16/2012 4:11 AM PST
Reply Quote
<span class="truncated" />

Wow - these guys look like they really get it. Have you personally bought from them or seen their products?

Have you?

Yes! =) sorry for the late reply

http://www.digitalstormonline.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=12452
Edited by WhileTrue on 1/16/2012 4:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/16/2012 03:35 AMPosted by Asurastrike
btw your 600w corsair psu is overkill. you can further reduce the cost picking up some 30 dollar one as 550 doesnt use a lot of power. a 400w one will do.

I intend on not using the duel graphic cards. I did the psu calculater thing and i was at like 496. I just don't want the system frying cause I was being cheap.
Reply Quote

Have you?

I'm kinda on a shoe string budget. I don't think I got the money for that awesomeness.
I think I might buy some pieces this month and some next month.
Reply Quote

I'm kinda on a shoe string budget. I don't think I got the money for that awesomeness.
I think I might buy some pieces this month and some next month.

their forums is a great place to ask questions regarding builds and such. you don't have to buy from them, you could just have a budget and they'll tell you the best parts to get.
Reply Quote
I registered I just did'nt know if they were cool
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Last time I used wegame it let you record at a lower resolution for free, and there was a full resolution version available if you donated to the program.
Reply Quote
I think im going to use that
Reply Quote

I intend on not using the duel graphic cards. I did the psu calculater thing and i was at like 496. I just don't want the system frying cause I was being cheap.

optimally you want to be at about 45-65% of your PSU's max draw for most efficient kW/h on your electric bill.

That said for your setup a 550-650w is more then sufficient provided you don't hook up 10 hard drives or run xfire etc. and still giving you efficient energy usage.

if you're looking at AMD chips to save money (which are FINE for gaming, yes intel is better, but you don't need top of line, most socket 775/am2+ crap from 2 generations ago will play any modern game without hitch-- hardware is always ahead of software by about 4 or more years) --I would just recommend one of the 95Watt TDP quad cores over the heftier chips. Less heat, less power, and are just fine and dandy to game on.
Edited by Bacon on 1/16/2012 6:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
Is the cx600 ok with my radeon 6870/50 hooked up. Keep in mind my tower has like 4 fans.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]