Diablo® III

Vanity Items

85 Blood Elf Mage
I took advantage of the WoW annual pass and I'm so looking forward to d3. But because of my choice to save my money, about $100 so i think it was a reasonable choice, i can't get the collector's edition and i know if you buy the CE you get 4 months off the annual pass time but i'm not that interested in the things in it aside from the wings. I reeeeeeeeally want the wings that come with the CE but not much else from it. could we maybe see this on the Blizz store for say $10-$20? However i do see the other side of the argument "you didn't get the CE so you don't get the item" it's sort of like an in game stamp to show you're awesomeness which is fair but is there the possibility of similar items?
it would be nice to get a blue to clear this up, if these vanity items have already been worked out by blizz.

if not post ITT what cosmetic items you would like to see in d3
Reply Quote
Bash's already said there won't be any other way to acquire the CE wings. I'm curious, though, why you think the annual pass precludes you from buying the CE. How does the annual pass change anything? You'd be out the same amount of money for the CE and the year of WoW, one way or the other.
01/16/2012 08:59 PMPosted by DarkGollumQC
No. They aren't any ''cosmetic'' item per say in D3 beside the Wing of the CE. But you can use dye on EVERY piece of armor in the game.
Really? I thought it was suggested that other, similar things could appear down the line. Perhaps as a result of achievements and things.
Edited by Static on 1/16/2012 9:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
There's no doubt in my mind that you'll start seeing Diablo vanity items creep up on their digital store at some point in the near (in relation to the release date) future.

Special dyes is the most obvious one that comes to my mind.

I just feel it would be somewhat silly to have the only RMAH (right now) in Diablo III and not have any in-game items for Diablo III at the online store.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
well im Australian and most people who aren't Australian don't know the pain we go through in terms of game prices.
CE is $138 AUD which right now is equal to an american dollar so yeah (eb games, aus for gamestop)
so CE + WoW for a year is 138 + 180 - 40 = $278
annual pass for wow + wings is 180 + 20 = $200
(minus 40 for the money i'd save for 4 free months of WoW)
but as i have just found out wings are not available anyway so that statement is moot

that's why i don't want to buy the CE because i'd be out $78 for the wings/wowpet, soundtrack, behind the scenes DVD (probably the most interesting thing), D2 + LOD which i have already played to hell out of back in the day, USB and holder.

so i guess it's sort of worth it i would like the behind the scenes dvd and wings but for $80 :/
i could just cut back on mountain dew for a month (pffffft yeah right)
ARGH I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO
Reply Quote
01/16/2012 09:16 PMPosted by Aceyna
well im Australian and most people who aren't Australian don't know the pain we go through in terms of game prices.

My understanding is that often Australians are lucky when a game gets released in their region at all.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
01/16/2012 09:21 PMPosted by MrShotgun
My understanding is that often Australians are lucky when a game gets released in their region at all.

haha yes that too, you see we don't have a R or 18+ rating our maximum rating is 15+ so all games have to be suited to 15 year old children >.>
if sopa was a bill in our country (dear god please no) it would pass
Reply Quote
it would be cool if you could unlock/buy wings but not the same ones as the ce
Reply Quote
so i guess it's sort of worth it i would like the behind the scenes dvd and wings but for $80 :/
i could just cut back on mountain dew for a month (pffffft yeah right)
ARGH I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO
Ahhh, I understand. The $40 value doesn't cover the difference cuz of AUD prices. Pain in the !@#. I'm sorry, yeah, I'd be troubled by that too. Not worth it, imo.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
01/16/2012 09:29 PMPosted by sithis
it would be cool if you could unlock/buy wings but not the same ones as the ce
that would be perfect for my situation
Reply Quote
They've stated their are similar things you can get from say armor sets and such that visually change your character. So you might not get the wings but you might get something else.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]