Diablo® III

Budget PC, No idea if its able to play D3...

01/10/2012 03:58 PMPosted by Saigyouji
$123.79 Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750M 750W ATX Modular Power Supply Active PFC 120MM Fan 5 Year Warranty

Enthusiast series for an i3 and a 460? What are you trying to pull?

01/10/2012 02:46 PMPosted by Mercanyin
(don't skimp on the power supply)

01/10/2012 03:09 PMPosted by Mercanyin
Egghead nerds are going to hate on me no matter what I write.

Reply Quote
(don't skimp on the power supply)

Skimping on the power supply means getting something from a second-rate company or leaving little or no overhead on the power ratings. What you've suggested is a power supply that will easily power a heavily overclocked 2500k with 2x 7970s. That's like suggesting a sports car for someone who wants something robust that'll get him to and from work.

Egghead nerds are going to hate on me no matter what I write.

Saying that upfront does not excuse you from suggesting silly things.
Reply Quote
oh god, you can EASILY build a D3 capable PC for 500 dollars(monitor not included)
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
I also have the same Emachine pc...if anyone would be nice enough to do a bit of research and help me figure out what graphics card will fit and if id need a new power supply to play diablo 3 even on the lowest settings, i would be grateful. Im new to the tech so im having difficulty figuring it out.

Or if its cheaper, my budget is $400...build a new pc specificly for D3, if i can reuse any parts from my Emachine, i already have a monitor,keyboard,speakers ect..
Edited by Bulasticus on 1/13/2012 8:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/12/2012 10:46 AMPosted by Saigyouji
Saying that upfront does not excuse you from suggesting silly things.

Actually it does. It's called volunteering my time trying to help someone out. I posted disclaimers all over the place to suggest that this was thrown together as fast as possible to give a rough idea.

You have obviously never had a cheap power supply explode and take out other components along with it. Sure the enthusiast series might be overkill, it was simply the cheapest Corsair that I saw on the first page. Get over it.

Just stay out of my threads (yes you've flamed a few others started by me), your attitude is not wanted.
Edited by Mercanyin on 1/13/2012 8:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
Anyone wanna help?
Reply Quote
OP DO NOT UPGRADE THAT MACHINE PLEASE. TIME FOR A NEW ONE.
Reply Quote
01/13/2012 03:43 PMPosted by DIG
OP DO NOT UPGRADE THAT MACHINE PLEASE. TIME FOR A NEW ONE.

01/13/2012 12:18 PMPosted by Bulasticus
Anyone wanna help?

Sure... don't be so cheap about it. Save up a little more money than $400 because you should at a minimum spend $100-$125 for a video card alone. That's the sweet spot for cost:performance ratio.

I already posted a decent baseline system in this thread. Best thing you can do is go to either NCIX.com (if in Canada) or Newegg.com (if in USA) and start piecing it together. Once you have a build post it up on the forums and ask for feedback.

Remember that PC gaming is not console gaming. You have to spend a little more money if you want results.
Edited by Mercanyin on 1/14/2012 1:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/14/2012 01:38 PMPosted by Agmar
go to future shop they have good comput if you just need the tower 1000$ should be good

I'm sorry, this is really bad advice.

Fortunately for you, it's never too late to learn (unless of course you are dead).
Reply Quote
01/10/2012 02:29 PMPosted by PabzOr
I believe if you can play wow you just might be able to run d3 on the lowest settings but... DAYMN that is OLD. I recently upgraded from my Q6600 quad core. I don't know how you do it......

What did you upgrade to? I'm on a Q6600, but I'm not sure I will notice too much of a difference if I upgrade to say an i5 2500k.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]