Diablo® III

Diablo 3 expansion is possible?

Hey guys, do you think that blizzard is working in a possible expansion to d3? or maybe 2 expansions?
Reply Quote
I do not believe that they have finished the game in question. It's not likely that they are trying to make an expansion for an unreleased product. They will very likely release at least one expansion in the future as they have done with most of their previous PC releases.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Yes, there will be an expansion.
Reply Quote
I think it is both possible and likely that there will be at least 1 expansion, I'm pretty sure that someone at blizzard has mentioned it before. Something about the possibility of returning classes from 2?
Reply Quote
Expansion possible? Lol
Reply Quote
at least 1
Reply Quote
85 Troll Rogue
i think 9 expansions
Reply Quote
1 for sure, maybe 2 but I doubt it

D2 and WC3 both 1 expansion

SC will get 2 because of the 3 races

WOW is just never ending

Would be nice to have some DLC's but I doubt that as well
Reply Quote
Diablo 3 was confirmed to have a planned expansion model of one about every 18 months or so, similar to their more current trends with such things. I wish I knew where the article was so I could link it, but I remember reading it from an official source.

Edit: grammar
Edited by VixRaine on 1/14/2012 6:06 AM PST
Reply Quote
Every 18 months? that would be awesome.

As long as it is quality content im all for it.
Reply Quote
Pretty much the same regularity as WoW expansions, is what the article was trying to convey, IIRC.
Edited by VixRaine on 1/14/2012 6:12 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
01/14/2012 06:12 AMPosted by VixRaine
Pretty much the same regularity as WoW expansions, is what the article was trying to convey, IIRC.

I said this ages ago and people couldn't grasp the concept. Its Blizzards current model and its not gonna change anytime soon. Look at WoW. The original cap was 60, and after each expansion they have raised the cap. The same will happen with Diablo 3. There probably wont be as many expansions. I would think at least 2. Who knows the final boss in Diablo 3 might not even be diablo.
Reply Quote
01/14/2012 05:52 AMPosted by Kiol
Would be nice to have some DLC's but I doubt that as well

I suspect D3 will have DLC's. And I agree, they would be nice.
Reply Quote
01/14/2012 05:52 AMPosted by Kiol
1 for sure, maybe 2 but I doubt it

The leaked Blizzard product slate suggests 2 expansions.

01/14/2012 06:05 AMPosted by VixRaine
Diablo 3 was confirmed to have a planned expansion model of one about every 18 months or so,

As with the leaked slate, all Blizzard expansions from 2010 were to be released every 18 months. Sounds more like an Activision thing than what Blizzard would usually do. Between Cataclysm and HotS, it's more like 2 years otherwise we would be playing HotS right now.

But take the slate with a grain of salt as the info was "as of April 2010".
Edited by Hypersonic on 1/14/2012 6:33 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/14/2012 04:38 AMPosted by Rawries
Yes, there will be an expansion.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]