Diablo® III

Quick question about playersx8

85 Worgen Druid
I have not been following the forums as closely as I did in the past so I am sure that this has been discussed multiple times however I could not find a thread for it.

Has it been confirmed or even discussed that we will or will not be able to have a function similar to playersx8.

This is a great function and I think most players would love to see it carry into D3.

Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Thanks and have a great weekend.
Edited by Druwin on 1/14/2012 8:01 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage
Druwin
85 Worgen Druid
SECURITY
Edited by Druwin on 1/14/12 8:01 AM (PST)
I have not been following the forums as closely as I did in the past so I am sure that this has been discussed multiple times however I could not find a thread for it.

Has it been confirmed or even discussed that we will or will not be able to have a function similar to playersx8.

This is a great function and I think most players would love to see it carry into D3.

ok sorry but not sure wat playersx8 is... could u give me more info on it please?
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
Druwin
85 Worgen Druid
SECURITY
Edited by Druwin on 1/14/12 8:01 AM (PST)

ok sorry but not sure wat playersx8 is... could u give me more info on it please?

Yes, sorry playersx8 was a settin that increased the difficulty of the game up much higher then normal. The game would give you monsters and boss equal to 8 players being in the game even though you were technically alone.

It made the game:
8x more difficult
8x more fun
and you got 8x more loot!

Edit...because i type like my 2 year old!
Edited by Druwin on 1/14/2012 8:09 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
Multiplayer is 4 people max, also in multiplayer you get NO followers (they go to town or some such).

(Yes, it is as bad as it sounds, don't ask me why)

I understand I am in the beta .

I am not asking about mutiplayer. I am asking about playersx8 this is a version of the solo game.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage
Ah ok cool. How did you use that feature on the game?
Reply Quote
There is zero evidence that this will exist in D3. It doesn't even exist in D2 multiplayer, and since D3 is ONLY online, I don't think it's much of a precedent in playersx#'s favour.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
When you created the game you would simply set the game to players x8
Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage
oh ok thank you
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
01/14/2012 08:11 AMPosted by Static
There is zero evidence that this will exist in D3. It doesn't even exist in D2 multiplayer, and since D3 is ONLY online, I don't think it's much of a precedent in playersx#'s favour.

Yes that's what I was afraid of. I think instead of getting players 8 we got Inferno. I wonder if anyone has heard anything from a blue on this.
Reply Quote
Agree with Static. Players X was a single player option. Diablo 3 has no single player mode, thus, I highly doubt it's an option.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
01/14/2012 08:13 AMPosted by Tishmerake
Agree with Static. Players X was a single player option. Diablo 3 has no single player mode, thus, I highly doubt it's an option.

Diablo does have a single player mode...it just doesn't have an offline single player mode.

Reply Quote
01/14/2012 08:14 AMPosted by Druwin

Diablo does have a single player mode...it just doesn't have an offline single player mode.

Semantics... I would argue that D3 has no true single player mode, but rather the option to play a multiplayer game solo. The game is designed around a multiplayer experience, hence online only.
Reply Quote
I would assume it gets more difficult with more players, and every player sees their own loot set, so loot count is technically increased too.

Would be silly if it did not get more difficult.

It does. In fact, your player even announces that the demons are weaker or stronger when players leave or join, respectively.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]