Diablo® III

Will these computer specs play diablo 3 well?

80 Worgen Warrior
Sorry to ask this but want to know if I need a new laptop for diablo 3?

OPERATING SYSTEM:
Windows 2.6.1.7601 (Service Pack 1)

CPU TYPE:
Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU P8700 @ 2.53GHz

CPU SPEED:
2.55 GHz

SYSTEM MEMORY:
3.99 GB

VIDEO CARD MODEL:
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4670

VIDEO CARD MEMORY:
2.74 GB

VIDEO CARD DRIVER:
atiumdag.dll

DESKTOP RESOLUTION:
1280x768

HARD DISK SIZE:
451.07 GB

HARD DISK FREE SPACE:
362.6 GB (80%)

DOWNLOAD SPEED:
1.5 MB/s (12.6 mbps)
Reply Quote
80 Worgen Warrior
so you think medium settings with no fps issues?
Reply Quote
really depends if your GPU is paired with DDR2 or GDDR3. But medium with good FPS is being optimistic...
Reply Quote
Deff some fps issues on medium. I have a mac with specs just like your computer. It has fps issues when playing with med settings on SC2. It functions smoothly on low/min though.

You need to understand though that you just have the recommended settings. Recommended aren't the performance settings. If you want med settings you need a better CPU and GPU (also an hd screen, which is almost standard with most modern computers).
Reply Quote
80 Worgen Warrior
eww alright so to make the game run better what should i upgrade video card and cpu?
Reply Quote
01/14/2012 10:06 AMPosted by Thados
eww alright so to make the game run better what should i upgrade video card and cpu?

Its up to you... maybe try it out first... low settings aren't terrible and can save you around $300-400.

But anyway, there are really only a handful of parts to look at for gaming performance, but imo people get way too technical here. I built my own desktop and just ordered my new laptop and I would say that the cpu is what limits the true ability of everything. Intel has some pretty nice stock graphics in their new cpus too. I can run SC2 on my new laptop on high settings without my video card turned on. It has a nicer i7 and intel HD graphics 3000. You'll probably need a new motherboard too, but they have i7/motherboard combos for about $300 on sale at times (maybe less). I would say that this should be your most important focus if you really need extra computer performance. The video card is also important too, but it is really pretty useless getting a sick video card when you're still going to be limited to a Core 2 Duo lol.

My opinions on the CPU itself:

I've seen people trolling me on past posts about the CPU not being the most important part of a computer, but I would say that it is for correcting fps issues. Of course it needs a nice GPU as well for quality play, but in the occasion you leave another program or two open, a nicer CPU is almost necessary. I would say go with the i7 or i5. Some people like the Black series Phenom x6 (only 2 styles I see in production) and FX series from AMD, but they are just OK. There are still i5 models that outperform the brand new FX series, but AMD is a good processor for a budget and can fit your needs with minor issues in fps and performance.

Reply Quote
80 Worgen Warrior
thanks for all the posts, from the look of it I should just try out the game and I think ill save up for a new computer seems there is quite a bit of things I need to upgrade
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]