Diablo® III

I will cry if it's released on 1/23/2012

Because that's when school starts for me.
Reply Quote
You're in luck, because there's no way in hell that it will come out that soon.
Reply Quote
Blizzard doesn't release games with one week's notice. More like 2 months notice. We shall see.
Reply Quote
I will cry when the game is released.

Because I've been waiting twelve damn years.

*edit* bro tears only, of course (bro tears are when you cough once and then sorta shudder and then say 'naw man I got it')
Edited by bluewolf on 1/14/2012 11:00 AM PST
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Night Elf Druid
Well, video games in general are usually released on Tuesdays, so at the very least, we can be safe in assuming that it won't be released on a Monday.

Also, since your semester starts in just over a week, it is also highly likely that the game won't be released before the start of your semester based on the fact that retailers need at least some advance notice before a game is released, and less than a week's notice might anger those retailers.

Have a good start to your semester! Now, could they release it on the same day you should be studying for an exam or writing a paper? That's far more likely, LOL.
Reply Quote
01/14/2012 11:06 AMPosted by Lissanna
Well, video games in general are usually released on Tuesdays, so at the very least, we can be safe in assuming that it won't be released on a Monday.

Usually. But it's important to note that Diablo 2 was released on a Thursday and LOD on a friday.

Wrath of the Lich King was released on a Thursday as well.
Reply Quote
Now, could they release it on the same day you should be studying for an exam or writing a paper? That's far more likely, LOL.

I'd imagine they're gonna do that.
Reply Quote
65 Orc Warrior

Also, since your semester starts in just over a week, it is also highly likely that the game won't be released before the start of your semester based on the fact that retailers need at least some advance notice before a game is released, and less than a week's notice might anger those retailers.

Have a good start to your semester! Now, could they release it on the same day you should be studying for an exam or writing a paper? That's far more likely, LOL.

skyrim didnt release on a tuesday...
Reply Quote
17th here
Reply Quote
I start school on the 23rd as well as I would be happy if it came out then. Better than like April when I'm doing the bulk of the work for the semester.
Reply Quote
01/14/2012 12:00 PMPosted by Absolution
I start school on the 23rd as well as I would be happy if it came out then. Better than like April when I'm doing the bulk of the work for the semester.

Yeah seriously.
Reply Quote
01/14/2012 11:44 AMPosted by D3BETA
17th here

Any chance you go to Rutgers University.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
01/14/2012 10:56 AMPosted by Sindragosa
Because that's when school starts for me.

It will more likely be when your done school then anytime in January.
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Night Elf Druid

Usually. But it's important to note that Diablo 2 was released on a Thursday and LOD on a friday.

Wrath of the Lich King was released on a Thursday as well.

But none of those were Mondays! :) My personal theory is that I believe game companies prefer not releasing games on Mondays so that the retailers don't have awkward delivery shipment issues (ie. if Amazon would normally send them out for delivery Monday night to arrive on Tuesday for example - they can't send them out for delivery on a Sunday night). They may release on a Thursday or Friday, but usually not Mondays. I think Saturday thru Monday are days least likely to have game releases. Now, seeing as how I'm a psychology grad student and not employed by a gaming company or shipping company, I can't really be sure that my theory is right at all.

I'm also trying to be a little bit silly, since none of us know the release date and every post on this forum asks about the release date. Holding onto some shreds of humor makes my post-doc grant writing process more bearable.
Edited by Lissanna on 1/14/2012 4:42 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]