Diablo® III

Diablo I & II HD

01/16/2012 09:11 PMPosted by Joshua
The areas are too similar to the diablo 2 areas as it is and the game is set up almost the same as diablo 2.

It was more entertaining when you still tried to troll.

It isn't hard. There's an HD mod for D2LOD and it works like a dream. I use it myself. This could also be done with D1 but nobody has taken the time to do it. Wish they would...

Lol.

The "HD" mod does nothing but scale the game out. It doesn't change the texture resolution, it just makes the game fit inside your screen resolution at a 1:1 ratio.

Creating D1 and D2 into HD would require starting over from scratch, minus the storyline and character/mob concepts.
Edited by Skyfire on 1/16/2012 9:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/16/2012 09:14 PMPosted by MrShotgun
I did not. I read about it and I was like, "This sounds incredibly lame."

It was horrendous. It was nice to be able to move around town quicker, but it was done so poorly even that wasn't redeeming.

I mean the whole expansion was horrendous, not just the poorly animated 'jogging'.
Edited by MisterLayhey on 1/16/2012 9:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
It isn't hard. There's an HD mod for D2LOD and it works like a dream. I use it myself. This could also be done with D1 but nobody has taken the time to do it. Wish they would...

He didn't say an HD conversion, though. What the OP suggested was completely remaking Diablo 1 and 2 using the Diablo 3 engine.

01/16/2012 06:42 PMPosted by Anareian
Was just thinking with some other companies doing re-releases of their old games with new graphics and such, would it not be pretty cool if blizzard did the same thing with Diablo 1 and 2, with d3's engine.
Edited by MrShotgun on 1/16/2012 9:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
82 Dwarf Hunter
01/16/2012 09:32 PMPosted by DAn
id be down for a D1 remake with new graphics, all the quests, characters having their own unique ablities, a few more cinimatics. would love that, especially since D1 doesnt run on my PC anymore

Well at least one other person see's it my way. There's kind of a vision of it i have in my head and i'm not percieving this could be done until after a couple of expansions onto D3, but then again by that time D3 will be old school with the rate that technology is about to progress even further.
Reply Quote
I think it'd be a fun trip down memory lane, but to be honest, I've played both of the previous titles to death. I know the stories, I know the quests, new graphics isn't all that matters (hello Duke Nukem Forever). The charm is in the dated graphics and features. Let Blizzard concentrate on the expansion of the Diablo universe with D3 and future expansions and not remake the past.
Reply Quote
View profile
01/16/2012 09:14 PMPosted by MrShotgun
I did not. I read about it and I was like, "This sounds incredibly lame."

It was a breath of fresh air in a game that you could play to death. Like people who played naked sorcerers (no gear) for the challenge. It was nice to play the other classes and extra content.... although buggy, just like d1 was.

I didn't have to make the buying decision, as my older brother had already bought it and I just played it having been installed already.
Reply Quote
When you use the word "engine" that makes stuff pretty hard.

Basically, they would need to recreate both earlier Diablos from scratch. I would rather the time be allocated to 2 Diablo 3 expansions. It would probably be quicker.
Reply Quote
No. if they were good programmers they would not need to rewrite the whole game. just the way memory is handled and upgrading textures. really c'mon guys the process is made up off parts when programing. they just don't want to do it.
Reply Quote
01/16/2012 06:53 PMPosted by Empty
That means they need to make all the sprites for it. Character models. Quests. Change the way skills work. Change the way stats work. Recreate all the items. Make all the maps. Oh you know, rewrite the entire game.

Why? Yes you need to make the character model's but why would you be changing all that stuff? we are asking for graphics improvement not any of this other stuff
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]