Diablo® III

Black soulstone trailer question

84 Night Elf Rogue
When leah is thrown into that vision and the gaint guy is talking to her (Mannaroth)
he mentions "one by one we fell into your trap...but i defy you". Whats he talking about? i feel like im messing something. Touching up on lore before release.
Reply Quote
There's been quite a bit of discussion about this. The consensus is that he's not actually addressing Leah, that he's addressing another character. Like possibly Diablo, Cain, or Tyrael. But we don't really know, I don't think.
Reply Quote
His name is Azmodan and he is talking about the other evils that were destroyed in diablo 1 and 2.. there are 7 evils of hell.. 3 prime and 4 lesser.. all but 2 of the evils were destroyed in diablo 1 and 2.. Azmodan is one of the 2 that was not destroyed
Edited by Bigtimedude on 1/16/2012 8:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
When leah is thrown into that vision and the gaint guy is talking to her (Mannaroth)
he mentions "one by one we fell into your trap...but i defy you". Whats he talking about? i feel like im messing something. Touching up on lore before release.

The "giant guy" is Azmodan. The "brothers whom fell into the trap" were Diablo/Mephisto/Baal.
Reply Quote
84 Night Elf Rogue
Why would it be Tyrael. i can kinda understand cain cuz shes family. People also say she may be daiblo or daughter... but how tyrael
Reply Quote
01/16/2012 08:55 PMPosted by Deatherox
Why would it be Tyrael. i can kinda understand cain cuz shes family. People also say she may be daiblo or daughter... but how tyrael
Tyrael worked with the Horadrim to trap the prime evils in the soul stones.
Reply Quote
84 Night Elf Rogue
01/16/2012 08:57 PMPosted by Static

Gotcha ok makes sense. On last thing. I thought that tyrael Made it so hell could not enter the world. Arnt they from the crater?
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
01/16/2012 09:00 PMPosted by Deatherox

Gotcha ok makes sense. On last thing. I thought that tyrael Made it so hell could not enter the world. Arnt they from the crater?

They used the world stone to create Sanctuary and hide it in plain sight, the world stone is now destroyed (or so we think).
Reply Quote
84 Night Elf Rogue
SO the blacksoul stone... do we know anything about this?
Reply Quote
01/16/2012 09:13 PMPosted by Deatherox
SO the blacksoul stone... do we know anything about this?

My understanding is we're trying to capture the Evils in the Black Soulstone, because as it turns out you can't really kill them, and letting them run loose incorporeal isn't a real good idea.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]