Diablo® III

suggestion: random dailies and weeklies

Some game content will be randomly selected as a 'daily' each day.
Some game content, typically a more challenging boss or event, is selected as a 'weekly'.

Players who successfully complete the content will be provided with 1 guaranteed rare item drop.

This is intended to:
- Encourage players to spice up their magic finding a little bit; instead of farming the same content over and over
- Create a form of end-game content for maximum level players looking for something to do
Edited by Loren on 1/17/2012 1:07 AM PST
Reply Quote
NO

NO

noo
on on ononoo

no

im not one of those "omg thats from wow!!!1" guys that flipout over every little things.

But if theres something i hate in every MMO is the freakin dailies and weeklies and crap.

dont make people "feel bad" for forgetting to do their daily when theres 20 minutes left to midnight or some crap

DONOTWANT
Reply Quote
Successful troll, or poster-child for birth control. Can't decide
Reply Quote
nope.avi
Reply Quote
omgz becoz wow did it at sum piunt it meanz that u can neva do it in n e other gaem again!!!1
Reply Quote
Smh

/sips coffee
Reply Quote
Daily tournaments in WC3 however is amazing. I'm saddened SC2 does not have them, but I can only assume it's because it's not the last expansion and they don't want to host that for a game that will only get outdated.
Reply Quote
70 Tauren Paladin
You should read my post in quest forum about timed quests it's very similar and I agree with you. Some kind of boss kill/time ratio that equals a buff
Reply Quote
thats an idea for an mmo to implement not a game like D3 which doesnt focus on many of the same aspects of mmos like teams of people who do those things, which mmos would want to promote as its a big thing in such games for keeping people playing as revenue comes from a monthly subscription. This would just be a bad idea to promote in D3 as there is already magic find gear (which would be exploited on this to a factor of 11 out of 10), and blizzard makes money on the game when you buy it, not when you play it, therefore there is no incentive to add such a stupid mechanic in game as a way to keep people playing. A better idea which i think everyone would agree with is simply make the game better and better so the reason to play a piece of content over isnt because today boss monster 2 drops better loot, and that the reason you replay the content is because you enjoy playing it.
Reply Quote
wow? wtf does that have to do with diablo......if wow influences this game at all! im out.

Reply Quote
91 Human Death Knight
01/17/2012 12:34 AMPosted by Dreadnott
wow? wtf does that have to do with diablo......if wow influences this game at all! im out.

Despite all the similar spells and passive abilities, I'm just going to go with cooldowns. Even though WoW was not the first game to use them, their success in WoW is a big reason they are being used.

It sucks that you won't be playing Diablo 3...
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
01/17/2012 02:30 AMPosted by Edrew
Despite all the similar spells and passive abilities

You mean the ones they took from D1 and D2 and incorporated into WoW?
Reply Quote
91 Human Death Knight
Like the ones they incorporated from D&D?

The fact that WoW and Diablo have used ideas from one another does not upset me as much as it upsets you.
Reply Quote
86 Human Death Knight
no no no and.... ye..no
Reply Quote
Jay W. said that he didn't like the idea of dailies as he didn't want people to feel like they had to come in and play like an MMO, but he is considering weeklys to break the grind.

Those who hate the idea just because it's WoW are really... pathetic. Fair enough if you don't like the idea for whatever justification. But if it's just 'cause "Lolz wow did it n i hate wow" then !@#$.
Reply Quote
yeah that's a big nooooo thank you to that idea.
Reply Quote
NO

NO

noo
on on ononoo

no

im not one of those "omg thats from wow!!!1" guys that flipout over every little things.

But if theres something i hate in every MMO is the freakin dailies and weeklies and crap.

dont make people "feel bad" for forgetting to do their daily when theres 20 minutes left to midnight or some crap

DONOTWANT

01/17/2012 12:34 AMPosted by Dreadnott

THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN. NO STUPID DAILYS FTW THIS IS DIABLO DONT RUIN IT WITH UR IGNORANCE
Reply Quote
NO

NO

noo
on on ononoo

no

DONOTWANT

same here.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]