Diablo® III

Holiday Events?

I was just curious if anyone knew there were gonna be holiday events like in WoW. I know people are like, "No! Don't compare this to WoW!" well...hush. I am just wondering if around Christmas time I could expect lights and trees in the towns, or Pumpkins and spooky stuff on Halloween. (Etc..)
Reply Quote
01/17/2012 07:57 AMPosted by D3BETA
The world is getting consumed with both angels and demons, and you expect people to be festive? Keep the pandas out of D3, please.

You'll be surprised how much demons can be festive!
Reply Quote
87 Draenei Priest
01/17/2012 07:37 AMPosted by percy
I was just curious if anyone knew there were gonna be holiday events like in WoW. I know people are like, "No! Don't compare this to WoW!" well...hush. I am just wondering if around Christmas time I could expect lights and trees in the towns, or Pumpkins and spooky stuff on Halloween. (Etc..)

I don't know. I don't recall hearing anything about that for DIII, but I'd be ok with it.

The world is getting consumed with both angels and demons, and you expect people to be festive? Keep the pandas out of D3, please.

Herp omg pandaz derp.

Find a new way to troll simple questions. This one lacks impact due to overuse, and isn't even funny when used in jest anymore.
Edited by Demetirus on 1/17/2012 8:03 AM PST
Reply Quote
Doubt it. This isn't a persistent world like an MMO. It's just 4 acts. They might do something like a treasure hunt, though, introducing a rare mob that randomly spawns -- something like that.
Reply Quote
I really hope not. That would totally kill the dark gothic feel of the Diablo world.

Cutesy things like that need to stay in WoW, where the graphic style is entirely different.
Reply Quote
im getting tired of games having holidays in them started with animal crossing then on. just keep them in the mmo genre.
Reply Quote
I really hope not. That would totally kill the dark gothic feel of the Diablo world.

Cutesy things like that need to stay in WoW, where the graphic style is entirely different.

Nobody said holiday events had to be cutesy. There could be really demonic holiday events that fit with Diablo lore and wouldn't feel out of place.
Reply Quote

No panda-filled Christmas in Sanctuary????

How is life still worth living.

But seriously, who has time for festivities while splitting demons in half?
Reply Quote
I would not be surprised if there are flavor items released for some of the holidays, but I doubt there will be anything like what WoW has.
Reply Quote
Why is everyone so against having additional content and things to do throughout the year. You would rather it be the same stale thing over and over again all year long? I just don't get it.
Edited by Venomlace on 1/17/2012 9:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/17/2012 09:45 AMPosted by MrShotgun
I would not be surprised if there are flavor items released for some of the holidays, but I doubt there will be anything like what WoW has.

Candy cane sword? Tasty and functional. CAUTION...do not eat after use in combat...
Reply Quote
01/17/2012 09:48 AMPosted by Venomlace
Why is everyone so against having additional content and things to do throughout the year.

People are afraid of change. It's the same reason the HC-kiddies are so gung ho about Hardcore being available right from the start. They've been playing it for so long, it will unseat their entire perception of the game if they're - gasp - required to play Softcore for a few days first.

And... queue flame war.
Reply Quote
I would be surprised if any seasonal ambiance or items are seen in D3.
Reply Quote
01/17/2012 09:55 AMPosted by AudioCG
Why is everyone so against having additional content and things to do throughout the year. You would rather it be the same stale thing over and over again all year long? I just don't get it.

Its just not fitting to the THEME of Diablo, at all.

Im all for additional content, just not demons dressed like Santa.

It's a TRAP!!!!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]