Diablo® III

regional game play, gold AH, RMAH.

im hoping for some blue posts to clarify this.

Bashiok said early on that we can cross region play and access to gold base AH, but RMAH is restricted to the D3 region copy.

but this info from official site contradicts with what we know as of now.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/services/auction-house/regions#q3

3) If I live in Australia/New Zealand/Southeast Asia, what server will I play Diablo III on?

As with StarCraft II, players who purchase the Australia/New Zealand/Southeast Asia version of Diablo III will have their own regional servers, offering lower latency and more action during peak hours. While we encourage players to play on these servers, we recognize that many have longstanding friendships with North American players and would like to continue playing with them. Because of this, we're again giving Australia/New Zealand/ Southeast Asia gamers access to both regions' servers so they can choose where they'd prefer to play.

please help to clarify so i'd know what version of D3 i'd buy.
Edited by cloudie on 1/17/2012 9:02 AM PST
Reply Quote
I'm not entirely sure where the contradiction is.

EDIT: Quote was unnecessary...
Edited by Aegis on 1/17/2012 9:07 AM PST
Reply Quote
we're again giving Australia/New Zealand/ Southeast Asia gamers access to both regions' servers so they can choose where they'd prefer to play.

this means gameplay region is locked, and whoever bought SEA copy will hav access to both NA and SEA like Starcraft 2 no?
Reply Quote
My best guess.

It doesn't seem to be 100% clear, but if I had to guess I would say your stash and inventory are region locked; however, your character progress is not. So you can use your character from one region on another server just without the items from before. You will have a new stash and inventory associated with each server, so that every time you return to the foreign server you will have the items acquired there.
Edited by Servedogg on 1/17/2012 9:09 AM PST
Reply Quote
My best guess.

It doesn't seem to be 100% clear, but if I had to guess I would say your stash and inventory are region locked; however, your character progress is not. So you can use your character from one region on another server just without the items from before. You will have a new stash and inventory associated with each server, so that every time you return to the foreign server you will have the items acquired there.

dun tink so, even if the gameplay is not region locked, characters from each realm are totally separated, what i'd like to know now is tat D3 gameplay is region locked? or not
Reply Quote
I would guess that when you first install/set up the account, you will be asked which region to play in and it will give you full access to that region alone. That said,

My best guess.

also makes sense.
Reply Quote
My best guess.

dun tink so, even if the gameplay is not region locked, characters from each realm are totally separated, what i'd like to know now is tat D3 gameplay is region locked? or not

I agree it would make the most sense to have the characters also region locked, but why wouldn't they mention that? They only mention that items are region locked? Maybe they simply described it poorly.
Reply Quote
Characters are region locked. You can create a character in SEA or NA but he/she must remain in that region. However, you'll only have access to the NA RMAH.

Game is not region locked; characters are region locked.
Reply Quote
Characters are region locked. You can create a character in SEA or NA but he/she must remain in that region. However, you'll only have access to the NA RMAH.

but the info from the link in my 1st post says otherwise, let's wait for some clarification from blue posters
Edited by cloudie on 1/17/2012 9:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/17/2012 09:14 AMPosted by Servedogg
I agree it would make the most sense to have the characters also region locked, but why wouldn't they mention that? They only mention that items are region locked? Maybe they simply described it poorly.

If I remember correctly, I saw a post or something that described the character limits as 10 per region. This would indicate individual characters being locked to a given region.
Reply Quote
01/17/2012 09:16 AMPosted by cloudie
let's wait for some clarification from blue posters

We've already had clarification. I'm not going to find the posts since you should be able to do that yourself.
Reply Quote

but the info from the link in my 1st post says otherwise, let's wait for some clarification from blue posters

Huh? It does not. Reading comprehension fail. It clearly states that they're giving gamers access to both regions. It does not spell out the details of that, however, a blue post provided further clarification. Try doing some research.
Reply Quote
if it says giving SEA version access to NA, means the game is region locked and only SEA version can hav access to two regions like sc2, if u have NA version u cant get in SEA.

if D3 gameplay is cross region, they wouldnt even mention "we're again giving Australia/New Zealand/ Southeast Asia gamers access to both regions' servers so they can choose where they'd prefer to play." now would they.
Reply Quote
if it says giving SEA version access to NA, means the game is region locked and only SEA version can hav access to two regions like sc2, if u have NA version u cant get in SEA.

if D3 gameplay is cross region, they wouldnt even mention "we're again giving Australia/New Zealand/ Southeast Asia gamers access to both regions' servers so they can choose where they'd prefer to play." now would they.

Now you're suffering from a failure to research. Try doing a little research before posting again.
Reply Quote

Now you're suffering from a failure to research. Try doing a little research before posting again.

i've done enuf research and i noe what im talking about,

i know that as of now we know blizz mentioned D3 gameplay is not region locked, meaning we can join any servers we like but we cannot bring characters from certain region to another, but the link in my 1st post says a different thing, get it?
Reply Quote
Bashiok has posted on this subject recently.

With an NA account you'll be able to play everywhere, but you'll only be able to use the currency-based auction house in NA.

Just for normal play, imagine it like Diablo II. On every region you have access it's a completely separate database, different gold auction house, and you have a different set of 10 characters available. Each region is a separate 'realm' of the game.

We'll have more information about the whole cross-regional play closer to launch.

The information in the link in your OP is probably out-dated.
Edited by Aegis on 1/17/2012 9:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
Bashiok has posted on this subject recently.

With an NA account you'll be able to play everywhere, but you'll only be able to use the currency-based auction house in NA.

Just for normal play, imagine it like Diablo II. On every region you have access it's a completely separate database, different gold auction house, and you have a different set of 10 characters available. Each region is a separate 'realm' of the game.

We'll have more information about the whole cross-regional play closer to launch.

The information in the link in your OP is probably out-dated.

ya i've read that, cause im thinking of getting NA CE here since SEA CE is hard to get n very expensive. n i'll be playing from singapore.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]