Diablo® III

Hit Lag

heres a better idea - fix poor game mechanics that look and feel sloppy

Don't be bad enough to get into melee range in the first place. No get out of jail free card for you.

and what of extra fast monsters and / or scavengers who are at their base much faster than us?

and this get out of jail free card. you say it like its not a conscious decision to move out of the way. you say it like its the easiest thing in the world to do. if you move out of the way, you shouldnt be hit. i dont get why you are against this
Edited by D3BETA on 4/10/2012 9:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
View profile

If you're aware enough to see them coming into melee range, move before they get into melee range. It's your fault for getting into melee range in the first place. You should be hit for getting in their range in the first place. You shouldn't get a get out of jail free card because you screwed up in the first place letting them get so close.

you cant do that for everything, like for instance scavengers. they move faster than us, you simply are forced into taking hits

its not a get out of jail free card, not any more than moving out of fire under your feet is

No it is a get out of jail free card. Scavengers are supposed to be threatening. They are supposed to be fast. They are supposed to hit you and make you afraid of them. You kill them fast or die.

If they are in melee range they should hit you at least once. If you don't time your skills you'll get hit.
Reply Quote
and the same goes for interrupting monsters with a stun etc. thats the same get out of jail free card so to speak, used in a different manner
Reply Quote
View profile
04/10/2012 09:45 AMPosted by D3BETA

Don't be bad enough to get into melee range in the first place. No get out of jail free card for you.

and what of extra fast monsters and / or scavengers who are at their base much faster than us?

and this get out of jail free card. you say it like its not a conscious decision to move out of the way. you say it like its the easiest thing in the world to do. if you move out of the way, you shouldnt be hit. i dont get why you are against this

Because it's my opinion. And it's different than yours.

I don't think it's good gameplay to promote running away from your enemies. I think if you let the enemy get into melee range you should be hit. There are skills for a reason. There's preemptive movement to avoid.

You step into the fire you get burned. You ran into the enemy's range in the first place. You should be hit.

You can step out of the fire to stop being burned. Just like you can get out of melee range to stop being hit, but you still get that initial burn/hit.
Reply Quote

you cant do that for everything, like for instance scavengers. they move faster than us, you simply are forced into taking hits

its not a get out of jail free card, not any more than moving out of fire under your feet is

No it is a get out of jail free card. Scavengers are supposed to be threatening. They are supposed to be fast. They are supposed to hit you and make you afraid of them. You kill them fast or die.

If they are in melee range they should hit you at least once. If you don't time your skills you'll get hit.

scavengers are threatening either way. just one way, the skill is taken out of avoiding damage. and we are then forced to face tank anything faster than us. thats plain and simply stupid
Reply Quote
04/10/2012 09:49 AMPosted by D3BETA
You can step out of the fire to stop being burned. Just like you can get out of melee range to stop being hit, but you still get that initial burn/hit.

no, thats the point, you CANT move out of melee range to avoid being hit, we are still being hit

think of it this way...

im gunna make up a scene for you here...

there is a mage monster, he casts a spell on you, and there is a circle that appears under your feet. you see this and move out of it. suddenly, a huge burst of flame appears in the circle, but you are well out of it - by 10 feet or so, yet you still get hit by it.

that is whats happening here with melee swings

let me make it even more clear. you are fighting archers, you see their arrows coming, and you move out of the way, far out of the way of the arrows, but instead of dodging them, they all hit you

its the same thing, just happening by melee swings
Reply Quote
View profile

scavengers are threatening either way. just one way, the skill is taken out of avoiding damage. and we are then forced to face tank anything faster than us. thats plain and simply stupid

Forced to use abilities to get away? Forced to kill before being killed? Yeah what a crazy concept for a hack n' slash game.
Reply Quote
View profile

no, thats the point, you CANT move out of melee range to avoid being hit, we are still being hit

think of it this way...

there is a mage monster, he casts a spell on you, and there is a circle that appears under your feet. you see this and move out of it. suddenly, a huge burst of flame appears in the circle, but you are well out of it - by 10 feet or so, yet you still get hit by it.

let me make it even more clear. you are fighting archers, you see their arrows coming, and you move out of the way, far out of the way of the arrows, but instead of dodging them, they all hit you

CAUSE YOU STEPPED IN THE !@#$ING FIRE IN THE FIRST PLACE. You get in melee range you get hit.

If you could just dodge melee strikes they'd never be threatening because you just run away. Just run back and you never get hit by any melee.

If you aren't in range they aren't swinging, you aren't being hit.

If you are in range they are swinging and you are getting hit.
Edited by D3BETA on 4/10/2012 9:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Forced to use abilities to get away? Forced to kill before being killed? Yeah what a crazy concept for a hack n' slash game.

thats fine and dandy, that should be happening, but in addition to that, we should be able to avoid getting hit in a very common way via dodging / juking like in any other game or real life
Reply Quote
04/10/2012 09:55 AMPosted by D3BETA

think of it this way...

CAUSE YOU STEPPED IN THE !@#$ING FIRE IN THE FIRST PLACE. You get in melee range you get hit.

If you could just dodge melee strikes they'd never be threatening because you just run away. Just run back and you never get hit by any melee.

if that were the case all other games with this juking mechanic should be failing bc of being too easy. thats not the case however...

and no, you dont understand the fire circle scenario im talking about. im saying, you are casted upon, a red circle appears under ur feet. you see this and move out of it before anything happens. WHILE you are far away from said circle, the spell goes off, yet you still get hit. that is what i said happened, and that is whats happening with melee hits
Reply Quote
View profile

thats fine and dandy, that should be happening, but in addition to that, we should be able to avoid getting hit in a very common way via dodging / juking like in any other game or real life

Yeah cause there aren't hit scan weapons in fps....

So you should be able to just run backwards forever and never be threatened by melee ever? OK. That sounds fun.
Reply Quote
View profile

if that were the case all other games with this juking mechanic should be failing bc of being too easy. thats not the case however...

and no, you dont understand the fire circle scenario im talking about. im saying, you are casted upon, a red circle appears under ur feet. you see this and move out of it before anything happens. WHILE you are far away from said circle, the spell goes off, yet you still get hit. that is what i said happened, and that is whats happening with melee hits

No you don't !@#$ing get it. That spell is casted from range. Melee need to be in melee range to hit. If moving out of melee range cancels those hits, then you'll never be hit by melee.

Was I ever hit by melee by Diablo? Nope. Was he a threat ever? Nope.

And those games are too easy. Unless it's like DMC with 1 hit kill mode.
Edited by D3BETA on 4/10/2012 10:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
04/10/2012 09:55 AMPosted by D3BETA

this is simply not true whatsoever. you arent getting this simple concept... on paper, its a very easy concept to move out of a swing, but you dont realize how quick of a reaction time you need to be dodging these swings.

also, there are monsters where this isnt a problem, but there are other monsters where this is a problem. zombies and skellys and scavengers have this problem. grotesques for instance dont. you can dodge every one of their attacks pretty well in patch 16, for the record. does this make them the easiest monsters in the game? no

is it a get out of jail free card? no, you need to make a conscious decision, and be aware of whats happening, and have a quick enough reaction to move out of the way

i dont see how you dont see how this is a problem.

if for instance, if arrows had this problem, where if you moved out of the way, but they still hit when they miss you by 10 feet, would you feel that this was OK? do you feel that dodging arrows is a game breaking mechanic, or a get out of jail free card?
Reply Quote
View profile

if for instance, if arrows had this problem, where if you moved out of the way, but they still hit when they miss you by 10 feet, would you feel that this was OK? do you feel that dodging arrows is a game breaking mechanic, or a get out of jail free card?

Range = dodge.
Melee = kite.

Skills > running with your tail between your legs.

I get the concept I just don't agree that it needs to be change.
Edited by D3BETA on 4/10/2012 10:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote

No you don't !@#$ing get it. That spell is casted from range. Melee need to be in melee range to hit. If moving out of melee range cancels those hits, then you'll never be hit by melee.

calm down.

secondly, in inferno, it WILL be near one hit kill mode, and monsters will be very agressive, and many of them will be faster than us. i find it shocking that i hafta explain to you in such detail as to why juking is a good mechanic, and that the bugs going on are ruining it and you want them to stay in the game...
Reply Quote

Range = dodge.
Melee = kite.

juking =/= running away

juking = seeing something happening that you want to avoid, and moving out of said threat. the bugs currently at play are stopping this from being possible
Reply Quote
View profile

calm down.

secondly, in inferno, it WILL be near one hit kill mode, and monsters will be very agressive, and many of them will be faster than us. i find it shocking that i hafta explain to you in such detail as to why juking is a good mechanic, and that the bugs going on are ruining it and you want them to stay in the game...

And people want inferno to be balls out hard.

I understand what's going on very well. I disagree with you. What you don't understand is that your arguments aren't going to make me change my opinion.
Reply Quote
View profile

Range = dodge.
Melee = kite.

juking =/= running away

juking = seeing something happening that you want to avoid, and moving out of said threat. the bugs currently at play are stopping this from being possible

Yeah but the easiest way to juke melee is to just run away.

If you're ranged don't let them get into melee range or use skills to avoid them.
Reply Quote

Yeah cause there aren't hit scan weapons in fps....

So you should be able to just run backwards forever and never be threatened by melee ever? OK. That sounds fun.

the same thing happens with kiting...

should snares not be allowed in the game? should we just have a combat engagement like final fantasy games, and just get rid of movement being in the combat system? or maybe you want the combat system to be like WoW, where we just sit and target everything until they die

sorry for wanting a real arpg game where all combat mechanics are viable options
Reply Quote

juking =/= running away

Yeah but the easiest way to juke melee is to just run away.

If you're ranged don't let them get into melee range or use skills to avoid them.

yea thats fine, but thats avoiding the problem instead of fixing it. id rather do said kiting, and in tight situations be able to skillfully dodge attacks in a game that looks to be meant to do so (i.e. not like wow where everything is rng based hit or miss)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]