Diablo® III

Hit Lag

FIX THIS! So annoying
Reply Quote
Interesting point!
Reply Quote
it's still here...
Reply Quote
If you are in range when the mobs start doing their attack animation you will be hit, it's how the detection works. Play a ranged class or get tanky.
Reply Quote

I don't think it's good gameplay to promote running away from your enemies. I think if you let the enemy get into melee range you should be hit. There are skills for a reason. There's preemptive movement to avoid.

You should try playing inferno.

All it is

Kite

Kite

Kite

Kite

and occasionally a mob will get too close to you
you'll run half a screen away

and then get hit

and then you'll be like... wow.. how did i get hit? .. ?

Yup no reason to get smashed by an NPC when you are halfway across the screen
Reply Quote
By the way, theres nothing to be fixed. Combat in Diablo 3 is client side, you can test this yourself by dodging some projectiles at the very last second and they won't hit you, i can do this and I have 300 ms. If I try to dodge an arrow at the very last second it will always hit me because blizzard decided that you shouldn't be able to dodge arrows once they are that close to you.

The whole not being able to dodge a melee attack when the attack animation is really stupid, especially when you get up to inferno. Sometimes I'm literally half a screen away and yet I'll still get 1 hit 1 kill. Personally I'm waiting for Torchlight 2 as it won't have any MMORPG elements in it like Diablo 3 has (tab target auto hit no matter what lol).

If you are in range when the mobs start doing their attack animation you will be hit, it's how the detection works. Play a ranged class or get tanky.

Yeah its stupid.

I have literally stood and took melee and ranged attacks as a DH and dodged them without moving, but as soon as i trying to dodge it by moving and on screen shows me dodging said melee attacks or ranged attacks. Even ones without AOE dead one shot.
Reply Quote
Happens to me ALL the time. Playing at a constant ~270+
I'll event dance just outside range, then retreat before the animation, and still get hit. Having never actually been in range of the attack, and certainly far FAR away from the animation
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]