Diablo® III

Is the Monk Picture Incomplete?

I'd tend to agree that the variability is most lacking in spirit spenders (rather than combos), however even in combos there are a few glaring homogeneities (wow what the hell am I doing using that word here? oh well... you know what I mean):

1) There are three combo attacks with exactly the same Golden Rune effect.
2) Base combo strikes (unruned) all generate exactly the same amount of spirit per hit (and per successive strike)

Another thing that will take the spotlight away from the Monk's otherwise interesting line-up of six combo strikes is itemization towards spirit generation. One could imagine stacking spirit regen and Attack on gear, and keeping just one or two spirit generator skills (not necessarily combos) for backup. Then the name of the game will just be spamming finishers. This is not to say that spirit regen itemization is a bad thing, but rather that even for combos, it's not difficult to imagine boiling down to an arbitrary one-size-fits all situation.
Reply Quote
01/13/2012 09:39 AMPosted by bluewolf
Another thing that will take the spotlight away from the Monk's otherwise interesting line-up of six combo strikes is itemization towards spirit generation. One could imagine stacking spirit regen and Attack on gear, and keeping just one or two spirit generator skills (not necessarily combos) for backup. Then the name of the game will just be spamming finishers.
Definitely not how it's going to be.
Here's the highest level spirit generating enchant (As in the ones you get from Inferno, the hardest difficulty in the game, where the best stuff drops):
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/artisan/mystic/recipe/enhance-1h-melee-weapon-heroic-illuminating
Put that on two weapons and you got .84 Spirit Regen. That's not enough to be a combo spammer and gear will most likely give around .42 also. If you stack gear you can probably get a decent amount of spirit regeneration but I doubt you will reach levels to spam Spenders.
Reply Quote
Sorry I was basing my itemization argument off a Legendary Daibo that had some obscene amount of spirit regen (which I am recalling off the top of my head...actually it might have been a set Daibo). Obviously now Legendaries do not have stats descriptions (which is probably one of those systems being polished right now), but I wouldn't be surprised if we got far more significant spirit regen than just a handful per second...though if we don't then you'd be absolutely right Meekle.
Edited by bluewolf on 1/13/2012 4:40 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]