Diablo® III

vistas and diablo 2

my old diablo 2 discs dont upload on my newer computer, vistas windows.if i purchased a new diablo2 battle chest will it work? i just bought the old starcraft battle chest and noticed on the disc that it was compatible with vista.I dont want to drop 39.99 on the game to find out . let me know if the new discs says if its compatible with viatas on it.
Reply Quote
Don't buy the discs, try downloading the install files by signing into your battle.net account on battle.net

I don't recall how I got mine added there but I think I just typed in the CD-Key and it was available for download.
Reply Quote
no need. If you have the Cd key put it on your battle.net account. And download it from there.
Reply Quote
What the other guys said, but I have the original disc that I have bought on release, and I use them on my vista machine all the time, so I really don't understand how you have this problem.
Reply Quote
The original discs don't work with the new OS's. I think they fixed it in patch 1.13, but I'm not sure. So the only way to get the updated patched version that works with your OS is to download it from battle.net
Reply Quote
- ANZ
I have never had a problem with Vista/7 and Diablo II, aside from an error message saying it wouldn't work (which it did)/

If you can't install for whatever reason from your CDs, upload the Keys to Battle.net and then Download and Install from there, as those above me suggested.

No signature.
Reply Quote
I ran my old diablo 2 on windows 7 64bit. i just have to manually download the patch before it could run. hope that helps someone. thats with the cds anyways.
Edited by Wilson on 1/14/2012 3:14 AM PST
Reply Quote
thanks for the input, i put in my cd code then downloaded the client, but my computer will just not allow this game to run. not only does vista shut down the program, norton internet security wont allow it either.iam out of luck i guess, just have to wait till d3 now.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]