Diablo® III

Crafting materials at realease

I see crafting materials being worth bank when the game drops, especially inferno crafting materials and tomes of training.. everyone will be trying to max out their artisans at release so they can craft the really good gear they have to offer..

When Cata dropped for WoW I leveled my druid first (he was Herbalism and Mining) I made over 100k gold in the first 2 weeks from farming matts and selling them while I was leveling to 85.. The prices were jacked up over 500% at times because everyone was trying to get their proffessions maxxed..

Will anyone else be capitalizing on this? It will be a new game so its just speculation right now but after looking at how the market shapes up at release I think it will be much more beneficial to sell all your crafting materials and let everyone else get their artisans maxxed out early on..

People will be craftng MANY of the same items looking for perfect stats and selling the ones that are sub-par and crafting more.. meaning crafted gear (imperfect affixed) should be reletively cheap compared to the crafting materials.. so you could just sell the materials and buy the gear you want and most likely make a bit of dough in the process..

you can always go back and maxx your proffs later when the market stabilizes and you already have good gear and a lil money in your pockets..
Reply Quote
I will be doing this when the game comes out. Ignore leveling up artisans and sell all crafting materials for the high price. Then after I'm done leveling up a character to 60, I'll focus on leveling up jewelcrafting with depressed crafting material prices and also try to create high end gems to sell. Will then level up Blacksmith and Mystic on subsequent new characters.
Reply Quote
I'm not even sure how to search for tomes of training on the AH =/
Reply Quote
and if I buy your expensive pages of training and get my blacksmith to max as one of the first players, and then craft imba swords of pwnage I'll make 10x as much $ as you....

btw. nobody will be trying to get good stats on lvl-gear as you won't wear it long anyway.
Reply Quote
01/14/2012 11:59 AMPosted by D3BETA
I'm not even sure how to search for tomes of training on the AH =/

they can't be traded in the beta, but will be in the release.
Reply Quote
01/14/2012 12:01 PMPosted by D3BETA
and if I buy your expensive pages of training and get my blacksmith to max as one of the first players, and then craft imba swords of pwnage I'll make 10x as much $ as you....

There will be thousands of players crafting the same swords.. they wont be worth that much.. the items that will be worth a lot will not be craftable.. extemely rare drops.. and I deffinitely wont be buying one of those.. but good luck

01/14/2012 12:01 PMPosted by D3BETA
btw. nobody will be trying to get good stats on lvl-gear as you won't wear it long anyway.

Check out the gear made by blacksmith lvl 10.. the "exalted grand" stuff.. (rare quality) Those items will be highly crafted to get perf stats.. only rare drops will be better
Edited by Bigtimedude on 1/14/2012 12:12 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]