Diablo® III

Hardcore Death In PVP

I've been thinking about this alot, i personally probobly will not mess around with it. I never got around to even hardcore till coming back to D2 about a year ago just for something new. I do love the permanent death factor in hardcore mode. Too many games are overly soft these days , hardcore mode is like a trip down memory lane on atari and nintendo where if you cant cut it you start over.

I am afraid that even blizzard themselves are going to nerf the hardcore pvp aspect. Just with the direction they been going i can feel that pvp hardcore deathmatches will not result in permanent death.
I can see it from their perspective that after you lose x amount of characters etc you will not go back until its hard to even find a pvp match in hardcore mode. Which makes sense , but... how hardcore would hardcore be if another player killed you then you just get up and say hey good duel ....

Maybe they could introduce some sort of gambling aspect to make it worth while. Like only 1v1 matches, you get the enemys equipment. Some kinda incentive.
Reply Quote
They stated on the record two blizzcons ago pvp in HC mode will result in permanent death. Its still a step down from d2 insofar as you can't be hostiled in a normal game. The incentive for hc dueling will still be there though the rewards will be pride and the sense of accomplishment that you personally destroyed something that someone else loved and spents days-weeks to create.

On another note though their should be an interface for challenging specific people / groups to duels or private duel rooms instead of only random matching. It would be cool if in the new age of spectator gaming that we could see hardcore dueling tournaments for money and glory while we revel in the blood of the mighty.
Reply Quote
01/14/2012 05:18 PMPosted by Jagoob
The incentive for hc dueling will still be there though the rewards will be pride and the sense of accomplishment that you personally destroyed something that someone else loved and spents days-weeks to create.
Reply Quote
If both players got 15 lives, in hardcore match then maybe. Instead of dying when reaching 0 hp, they would get a chance to recover until the lives run out.
Edited by Techies#1508 on 1/18/2013 3:02 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]