Diablo® III

ThOUghTs -+=ON=+- real time, timed quests

70 Tauren Paladin
What would it take for D3 to have daily, weekly or monthly quest modifications created and controlled by bBNET??

Basically timed game bonuses would be given to characters who complete game content the way it's intended, or as blizz see's fit to their standards. Say you kill the skeleton king by midnight tonight with four people in a game who have to be on your friends list in order to get a +15% exp gain bonus. The bonuses could be timed according to account log in time or real time. I would wrather see the bonus's controlled by game time when logged on Bnet vs real time when at work/school. This idea is similar to shrines but makes characters complete guests wrather than tp back to previois game content, get exp bonus, then warp to current game progression.

Multiple ideas of bonuses occur from this that can greatly increase gameplay, keep in mind this feature would be controlled and changed frequently to add to the demand of new characters made every minute. Yay lvl1!!!! "Act 1 again" games.. Jk with artisans in D3 I won't have to make multiple new monks but a monk might not be something I like that's not discovered until I'm level 50+ and all that 'in-game' time could be invested towards bonuses for new character by recycling old. Diablo hardcore fans will play the same quests over and over getting their perfect INFERNO character while many people won't reach pass hell if even nightmare with what they honestly want to be playing.

A Bonus is ON A TIMER by ingame logging or real time. A small bonus log menu similar to DOT clocking in WOW, added to character login screen so you know how much time your bonus has left every time you select your character along with a listed version of all the available bonuses to your specifics and greyS out the options available for higher level character requirements.

Here are some bonuses that would effect gameplay instantaneous to keep it 'fresh' feeling from launch.

"GRAND OPENING" this would be a bonus added to any new character created the first week/or month of launch that allows increased exp or vender discounts along with starting cash for RMAH that can't be cashed for USD. Because EVERYONES first character is like dating... First time is the interview, then you change yourself or find a new character to have a working relationship. This bonus helps tighten the space between unwanted character play and increases game functions for bnet to have maximum RMAH usage and game intentions are fully met by no frustration character quits. I don't have an item to buy if the person instead of finding the item to sell by killing skeleton king, logs off pissed by unwanted character play/struggle that resulted in no death of the king.

"Burn 'N' Turn"
This bonus is for faster new character development in which you would burn your old character that has been playing since launch and now it's August and all those months of gameplay you realize your better off with a barb.. Time to burn your old character ((sidenote:good way for bnet to clean up unwanted server space)) cashing in the 'ingame' time for bonuses (exp gains etc.) on a new timer for your new barb.
I.E. A level 55 monk with an Average daily gameplay of just two hours a day is 2,500 Hrs in six months. This figure (2500) X (.666) = 1,665 / 60(mins) = 27.75 hours total of 'Turn 'N' Burn' bonus. At current rate of gameplay (2Hrs/Day) = ~ 13 days to enjoy a new character on an account that played the game as intended and therefore is rewarded with faster new character development.

Thank you to all who Takes the time to read my post idea!! And to all on this forum for being the awesome gamefans that blizzard is so lucky to have!!! ~
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
01/16/2012 05:15 PMPosted by Woarpig
Basically timed game bonuses would be given to characters who complete game content the way it's intended, or as blizz see's fit to their standards.

What does this mean?

Game content is typically tailored to what players want, not what developers want the players to want. Or, at any rate, good game content is made with that in mind...

Game content should make the players want to play the game, not force them into a certain game playing mold.
Edited by Wenry on 2/1/2012 9:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
What would it take for D3 to have daily, weekly or monthly quest modifications created and controlled by bBNET??

I really like this idea
Reply Quote
I like the quest-system as it is. You do which quest you want whenever you want.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]