Diablo® III

Jay Wilson Post Reactions

Blizzard Employee
Keep in mind everything detailed in the article today is already in the game, and most of it is complete. Once you get Patch 10 and see that, I think it may sink in that these aren't theoretical changes we're still working on, they're changes we've completed. Obviously the potion button still needs a little work to hook it up correctly, and the character attribute changes need to be balanced and tested for itemization throughout the game, but overall these are changes we've already made.

I do not intend to impress that we're close to release, or infer any such "we're <-- this --> done" kind of statement, but most of these are fairly straightforward changes that are already complete and implemented. We do have more changes, skills and runes, affixes to add, more items, Battle.net features, testing, testing, and more testing etc. to do so we're obviously still not there yet, but none of the changes detailed today are theoretical or yet to be implemented.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
At this point, stop re-working the entire game and release something already...

I'm tired of waiting, i really am, keep it up and you lose a customer...

/sigh

Yes, people WILL remember that it took SO long to put out the game, yes, they will remember that the game is great but that it took SO long to put out and made everyone wait for years on end.

Edit : Reading Bashioks post - If it already all is implemented and the only remaining thing is the skill/rune system then my feelings changed on the matter, it cant be that long.

I've always kept faith that the game will be amazing and wont be able to be compared with any other for years and years (if ever) but at this point... everyone is tired of waiting...

I'll just hold my breath a little while longer... you've given me a bit of hope.... a bit ! dont abuse it!
Edited by Rainarya on 1/19/2012 10:07 AM PST
I feel like going back in time...

Anyway...

Great news!
I can't wait to hear about the Skills and Runes systems!
what about this part?

"Jay Wilson is game director for Diablo III and the Inventor of Meat. He believes that Kate Beckinsale is the greatest actress that’s ever lived."

I think they will silent release and make our heads explode.

oh, i wish.
"Jay Wilson is game director for Diablo III and the Inventor of Meat. He believes that Kate Beckinsale is the greatest actress that’s ever lived."

Best...sig....ever
85 Tauren Druid
Expanding about the stats.
Before we had 2 attack stats and 2 defense stats. They would need to be really well balanced for ppl not to stack one of them and ignore the other. And some theorycrafting had already proven that attack was much better than precision.

Maybe they could try to fix imbalances, but that may no be feasible, just look how D2 stats are broken beyond repair.

Now each class has a attack stat and a defense stat and at least the attack stat will not be the same for everyone.

Even if not as good as having 4 stats that you could tweak (considering all of them were viable) at least it is still better than D2 where we had only 1 valuable stat, vitality for everyone.
85 Human Mage
01/19/2012 09:15 AMPosted by Matt
I don't like stopping to look over my character--Now we're just stopping to empty our inventory and going back to the battle. Very few trips will warrant any actual examination of your gear. Also, in multiplayer games, I don't look forward to taking turns with trips to the blacksmith just to do something they already had in place.

This is why we NEED to keep the Cauldron, and Cube IN THE GAME!
I will say this about salvaging though. When I did Skeleton kings runs in the beta I would go through the entire dungeon, pick up everything kill the skeleton king port back to town and then salvage my materials. Maybe this isn't as big of a deal as we think. We'll know more when we get to try it out in the beta.
90 Tauren Warrior
I like the read of the post, it was pretty good. But now all the conspiracy theorists can lay to rest there mass conspiracies. and go tell daeity yet again, he was wrong on another thing about blizzard. Maybe they will stop reading and preaching his crap now after this post. And thanks for posting also Bash to clear up the few things.
Keep in mind everything detailed in the article today is already in the game, and most of it is complete. Once you get Patch 10 and see that, I think it may sink in that these aren't theoretical changes we're still working on, they're changes we've completed. Obviously the potion button still needs a little work to hook it up correctly, and the character attribute changes need to be balanced and tested for itemization throughout the game, but overall these are changes we've already made.

I do not intend to impress that we're close to release, or infer any such "we're <-- this --> done" kind of statement, but most of these are fairly straightforward changes that are already complete and implemented. We do have more changes, skills and runes, affixes to add, more items, Battle.net features, testing, testing, and more testing etc. to do so we're obviously still not there yet, but none of the changes detailed today are theoretical or yet to be implemented.

I completely understand this, and am in full support of the changes that were made.

However, it is a bit discouraging to see that the dev team for a game you have been anxiously waiting to play for the past 4 years is still making changes that are core to the gameplay, and still have more left to do.

It makes you think, 'What were they doing for the past four years?'
LOL, so basically back to the drawing board...
but as mentioned by the blue guy, that most of these changes are already implemented, then it's not so bad I guess, heopefully we see this game by christmas...
Edited by HOOLIGAN on 1/19/2012 10:10 AM PST

The fact that this stuff is all done did impress upon me how hard you guys have been working, and I am indeed very impressed by what you've accomplished over this time. I'm just not yet won over by a lot of the changes, and the fact that there is so much other stuff that is still in flux and development concerns me in relation to the likelihood of an impending release date.
But, it sounds to me that they aren't sitting on their butts now. It looks they've finally actually started working. Seems like they finally agreed on the direction they want Diablo 3 to go. Good news, but these changes should have been made a while ago. They've wasted a lot of time.
100 Troll Druid
With the barbarian being the only one who wants strength, looks like he gets all the mauls, two handed hamers, axes, etc...

No more option to put one on your wizard.
That's a false projection: random affixes are still random. Some of these changes exist explicitly to create more items that are considered useless, ergo it stands to reason that they'll still allow for +Int mauls. One because it creates items that suck for Barbarians, and Two because it supports Wizard skills. Since Wizards can equip 2-handed weapons there's no reason to no have +Int 2-handers.

The only affix combos that don't make sense would be things like +Str Hand Crossbows, but even then, due to the secondary defensive rider on all the stats, they can justify the affix as being crappy, but not useless.
I like that they're not afraid to change these things fairly late in the schedule based on player feedback and actual testing. That being said, I'm disappointed the Cauldron and Neph Cube are out. Especially after all talk about how "we want to keep you in combat. Not running back to town". I have to say those were the features I was looking most forward to experiencing.

Is the skill simply called "Town Portal" now, or will it act exactly like town portal with the a portal opening up in town and anybody who takes it goes to that spot? Or is it just a 1-way warp home and people can still use your pedestal/beacon/flag (whatever it's called) to warp directly to you?
To summarize, D3 release, aint happening lolz.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]