Diablo® III

Lower drop chance on all items.

100 Worgen Warrior
So I was thinking on how blizzard made whites non-salvageable and removed the cauldron of jordan, mainly to make it harder (or at least a bit costly) to just loot and sell/salvage everything that drops.
That's all for the protection of the economy and I undestand that.
My sugestion is... why not make the drop chance on all items (not blood orbs or gold) REALLY low, even whites should be a bit rare to see, that would make the economy live longer by not allowing an imediate overflow of good itens and crafting items on the market (low drops + randomization factor).
The rarity of everything would make that good drop really special (and profitable).
Off course, in the case of gold drops, keep it as it is, so that players dont feel discouraged to kill the mobs.
Reply Quote
Because people play this game to kill stuff and get loot, so it is better to have a pinata of items flying out of the enemy that people can look over and say meh then no items dropping after 10 kills and the player getting frustrated.

People respond a lot better to getting something for their effort. Just gold is not satisfactory enough because this game was never based on an economy. It was based on the actual gear that you can equip yourself with. The invent of the AH and Artisans was just a way to make the mechanic of economy more useful then it was in D2 but it is still not an important precedence to the actual gear you are trying to get and limiting that to just a small percentage of the many mobs you'll be killing would cause people to lose interest very quickly.
Edited by Bauldur on 1/25/2012 2:14 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]