Diablo® III

Gems on all items now?

With the removal of the mystic will gems be available to weapons and items that were previously enchantment only?
Edited by D3BETA on 1/20/2012 10:34 AM PST
Reply Quote
blue post +1 to this...
they never did state this officially... but if they do allow this they stated that the mystic will eventually come back which means now you have people who have weapons and items socketed that can only be enchanted so what then ?
Reply Quote
I was wondering if gems would Disappear with the artisan, If yes I'm really disappointed... I was really into putting adding socket to your gear.
Reply Quote
I bet they have not revisited the gem system yet. They revisited the item system and tore out so much crafting stuff. I have never been so angry in my life.

The item strike team threw out all the recent character attributes reverted to blizzcon 2010 attributes only hardcore players can understand. Character stats are cryptic and have no immediate clear meaning.

All I can believe is gems will now drop with magic affixes to cover the 10-30 enhancements the mystic provided. The alternative option will stop players for looking and experimenting with customizing each of the five classes to make a viable RPG character.

Diablo three, since patch 10, appears to appeal to the cookie cutter characters that take time to research builds online for the perfect stat balance. Noobies are left behind to catch frostbite from Blizzard, there by abandoning their account.
Edited by KaydenKross on 1/23/2012 7:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue

Diablo three, since patch 10, appears to appeal to the cookie cutter characters that take time to research builds online for the perfect stat balance. Noobies are left behind to catch frostbite from Blizzard, there by abandoning their account.

LMAO if your not a cookie cutter character, or at least reading what the cookie cutters have to say, then your not going to make it into Inferno anyway. I very strongly feel that Inferno will indeed be more about skill with your play style then it will be about builds. But it will also be a great deal about your build matching your style, and it being the best build for that style. There are going to be tons of options still, but there will only be so many of each classes moves that are still viable to use during Inferno. So if your not at least reading what others come up with, have fun in Hell, maybe even NM.

If that's all you want to do anyway, then your already set, and don't need to care about this kind of stuff, it will still be the same for you whether your reading this stuff or not.

As to the OP's question, I'm hoping so, most likely that's what will happen, or the items themselves will get chances to have the things enchanters gave us as stats that can be on them.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]