Diablo® III

New To Diablo (Contructive Critisism)

85 Troll Rogue
I have never played Diablo, but I am going to give it an attempt. I love PvP so this is my attempt at a single target nuke build for a Demon Hunter(The class i am drawn too).

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#QTiaYl!ZYW!acaZbb

Please provide any constructive criticism, or if i am not understanding the best mechanics in the game, let me know that too.

Thanks
Reply Quote
That is not a single target nuke build. Evasive fire and hungering arrow don't do great burst damage, nor great single target damage. Evasive fire is mostly a movement skill. You have two hatred generators, you wont be able to use both at the same time. Theres no point to have both. You don't have a way to dispose of hatred as rain of vengeance has a substantial cooldown.
Reply Quote
Two hatred generators are fine if you use them based on situation.

You should be using red rune Marked for Death for extra damage.

I agree, the only damage machine you have is RoV and that doesn't do enough single target damage. Might want to think about impale or strafe or rapid fire.

In general, i don't feel a theme or strategy. Too much survivability to be a nuke class. (That is the proper use of Too, btw. Too is anything that there is "much of" or "as well as")
Reply Quote
93 Orc Shaman
01/20/2012 09:53 AMPosted by EveOfTheWar
(That is the proper use of Too, btw. Too is anything that there is "much of" or "as well as")

lol, are the grammar police after you, Eve?

@OP looks like you'd have yourself a decent build if you replaced one of your hatred generators with a single target nuke. I like strafe personally, but I see a lot of people getting impale with the stun for PvP purposes.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Warrior
I tweaked your build like so:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#QZieYl!ZYa!aYabab

You probably can't control where your companion goes, so I swapped it out for another hatred spender in the form of Impale. I swapped out your life regen passive because frankly, I don't think you won't be taking damage much even with as many evasive moves as you have - other players just have so many ways of dealing damage, even small amounts. Instead I buffed your Evasive Fire and then runed it to make the backflip huge.

I also swapped Hungering Arrow to Entangling Shot, because why not slow down your enemies and generate bunches of hatred?

In fact, with Evasive Fire now as good as it is, you might want to consider swapping Smoke Screen for something else.
Reply Quote
93 Orc Shaman

In fact, with Evasive Fire now as good as it is, you might want to consider swapping Smoke Screen for something else.

Is evasive fire really that effective?

(<-not in beta)
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Warrior
Is evasive fire really that effective?

(<-not in beta)

In the build, I runed it and gave it the +increased speed passive.

I've never tried Evasive Fire with Tactical Advantage in the beta, but I imagine 60% movement speed is good.
Reply Quote
Actually look at the build suggested above, much better than the one i posted. ^^
Edited by Phantom on 1/22/2012 1:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
Evasive Fire is a fantastic ability for a number of reasons:

1) It has zero or near-zero travel time. The time from firing the shot to it hitting the enemy is imperceptible.

2) It can be click-held on a target to make your character track and continuously attack that target. This is the same as most single-target abilities, but is notable in this case because it results in Evasive Fire being impossible for enemies to avoid, and helps counter player error in regards to missing your shots.

3) It generates 4 Hatred per shot. Tied only by Entangling Shot, beaten only by Spike Trap for Hatred generation.

4) It has a great weapon damage multiplier, higher than any other Hatred Generator against a single target.

5) Built in mobility through the backflip, which can be improved with a Passive for even more mobility.

It has a few downsides, though:

1) That backflip costs 4 Discipline each use. Discipline regenerates at roughly 1/sec, your maximum (without gear to increase it) is 33, and many of your other important utility abilities use Discipline.

2) If you're in close quarters, you may find yourself burning up Discipline for no good reason constantly backflipping into a wall trying to kill something. This can be mitigated by better play, but is still an occasional issue.

Overall, it's a very solid ability. I like it both mechanically and aesthetically. It will definitely be my Hatred builder of choice come release, barring any unforseen changes.

Reply Quote
85 Troll Rogue
Thank you all for your feedback and I truly appreciate the help.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]