Diablo® III

My Demon Hunter

85 Troll Warlock
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#eWRdQi!VdW!YZbZYZ

This is my build, please take a look at it and tell me what you think. I will be using DW crossbows. Also the Vault+Smoke screen is for if the get close and i need to get away, with the runes i chose the will take damage as i evade. This is a kiting/ Survival build.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Warlock
Also does fundementals increase the damage of strafe or no.
Reply Quote
I have a feeling they're going to remove normal attack passives, as they are finding that no one uses normal attack when there are free skills to use. and i doubt fundamentals affects strafe.

since you're using hand crossbows and archery, +5% chance crit hit, i'd remove fundamentals, and add sharpshooter for extra crit chance, and socket runes to match

trying not to change it too much, i'd socket gold into entangling for hatred regen
and alabaster into strafe for your main skill, with +crit damage
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#eWRdQi!VhW!bZaZYZ

with, changing it a bit, since half your skills are discipline,
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#eRSdQi!VhX!baaZYZ

i just made a thread exact same title, which is how i ended up here lol
Reply Quote
85 Troll Warlock
k ty il take out fundementals in that casw
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
There is no reason to use both Vault and Smoke Screen in one build. Neither has a CD, and both do the same thing. Your lacking on control quite a bit as well.

Crit builds will not match a build that isn't based around it, even if they make crit more worth while to stack it simply never ends up being as good as going other routes. If there is a good amount of crit on your gear then so be it, but it's not worth going after. And the boost from Archery is pathetic for it. it's better to go with a 2h xBow with it. Sharpshooter is crap, you'll either not have enough crit to make it worth it, or you'll have too much. I expect there to be a pretty low cap on crit chance. Probably no more than 65%. And unless sharpshooter is allowed to pass the cap it looses all it's value.

I agree that they will probably be removing Fundamentals, its really weak. Compared to the Wizard Virtuoso which is the same thing, there is no reason to use it, it only returns 4 hatred which you can get out of ES, while Virtuoso gives a wizard 15 AP.

Here's the build with a few changes. Your passives all needed changing, there is no way you'll be getting use out of Brooding either.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#eWSbQi!Zca!YYZZYZ

You had NO AoE in there, Strafe allows you to move while dealing a low amount of damage, but with the lack of control you were going to get eaten alive. This build has more control, and better AoE damage, but you still lack single target. But you may be alright, Multishot will still do decent damage to a single target, and so does chakram.
Reply Quote
lol, you made the exact same changes in two threads, based around slowing enemies

not everyone is going to use the exact same passives as you prefer.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
It's not about passives I prefer it's about the general lack of passives that are worth having at all with the DH, they are either situational, such as custom engineer, or ballistics, or just too hard to maintain, like the ones that require a certain range to be maintained, or for you not to take damage, and such, or just playing suck, like sharpshooter.

I think people are way too caught up in believing that you can make whatever build you want and have it be end game viable. Because this is simply not true, you can make a million different builds, and each class can solo through inferno, both of these have been stated by blizzard, but when it comes to the end game, there will a much more limited amount of skills that are worth using, and passives that are worth using. Inferno will come down to skill, but it will also come down to numbers, if skilll A does more damage than skill B and they are both the same sort of thing such as an AoE skill A will need to be used, its just the way it is, the hardest difficulties of the game aren't about playing the build you think is fun it's about playing the way that's best, and gives you the greatest advantages.

And if your not going to play to get through to inferno, you probably won't be playing d3 very long, as it will quickly get boring for you.

The passives I choose to insert into builds when I give my opinion are based on what is best for the build, cull the weak is a great skill and should be in everyone's build unless they don't have a slow, in which case they have bigger issues, and tactical advantage is a good choice because it lines up with the timing of smoke screen. Thrill of the hunt allows you to stop a single mob at the moment you need them to be stopped, adding a very precise and specific tool to kiting, and this builds biggest issue was control.
Reply Quote
BCon 2011

"Jay Wilson continued with a presentation of difficulty levels, touching on the team’s goal of making unusual builds as viable as possible for Diablo III players."

nuff said
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]