Diablo® III

Hardcore Heroes only available after Normal

Currently in the beta character creation screen:
Hardcore Heroes are only available after completing the campaign in Normal mode.
Obviously not final, but it certainly is suggestive.

http://i.imgur.com/r6h2u.jpg
Reply Quote
I'd very much like to be able starting a hardcore character right away. I see no point in forcing me not to. It would be an amazing thrill because everything would be unknown and new the first time.
Reply Quote
This is the same as the other diablos. Were you guys surprised?
Reply Quote
01/24/2012 03:04 AMPosted by Urasim

It could change. A lot of things taken from Diablo 2 aren't nearly the same in Diablo 3.

By the way, there's a huge thread on the issue :
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3565946637?page=1
Edited by Bouleau on 1/24/2012 3:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
Not surprised at all. I just know it was a subject of some curiousity on the forums, and we just found out as of the new patch.
Reply Quote
except they patched the requirement out in diablo 2.
Reply Quote
01/24/2012 06:47 AMPosted by Themisto
except they patched the requirement out in diablo 2.

I expect they'll do the same thing for Diablo 3; i.e. patch, later.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Warrior
01/24/2012 02:33 AMPosted by D3BETA
I'd very much like to be able starting a hardcore character right away. I see no point in forcing me not to. It would be an amazing thrill because everything would be unknown and new the first time.

You will die right away because you don't know the later portions of the game.

Grats on making character 9999 who has never made it past level 20.
Edited by Uraeus on 1/24/2012 9:49 AM PST
Reply Quote

You will die right away because you don't know the later portions of the game.

Grats on making character 9999 who has never made it past level 20.

Some people enjoy that, and enjoy the challenge of their first play through. I'd do it, but my focus isn't on hardcore characters.

I support being able to make hardcore characters from the get-go.
Edited by Mach on 1/24/2012 9:58 AM PST
Reply Quote
They want people to play their characters to the end game first time around so they can collect sweet, sweet data.
Reply Quote
Theres no reason 2 restrict the player base and the loyal fans. Its a requirement and a limitation wit no point behind it. Im not big in to HC, but i played a few chars tht way. I c no reason they should make it mandatory
Reply Quote

This is obvious. And a smart idea.
Blizzard want us to all enjoy the storyline at least one without fear of perma death before we start HC toons.

The thing is, many of the Hardcore players aren't going to enjoy the storyline if they force you to mow through the game once on non-HC, they are going to rush through, not caring about anything but finishing the game before they can start their main HC characters.
Reply Quote

This is obvious. And a smart idea.
Blizzard want us to all enjoy the storyline at least one without fear of perma death before we start HC toons.
you call pissing the sh*t out of loyal fans a smart ideia? smart idea is what Irrational Games is doing with the hardcore mode on bioshock infinite, which is hiding the option from the disinformed casual players.
Reply Quote
you call pissing the sh*t out of loyal fans a smart ideia? smart idea is what Irrational Games is doing with the hardcore mode on bioshock infinite, which is hiding the option from the disinformed casual players.

I would if this was pissing off the loyal fans. But it's not. So I don't see the issue. If you want to rush it through before HC fine. At least you know how to play the game before HC. And if you want to enjoy the storyline in normal SC fine you can do that too, the option is there for you.

Lol, because you're a SC player and it doesn't affect you, it therefore doesn't piss anyone off? Talk about the epitome of blind arrogance.
Reply Quote

I would if this was pissing off the loyal fans. But it's not. So I don't see the issue. If you want to rush it through before HC fine. At least you know how to play the game before HC. And if you want to enjoy the storyline in normal SC fine you can do that too, the option is there for you.
I dont understand the part: At least you know how to play the game before HC. Why in the hell would i want that? I wholeheartedly hate spoilers. I wanted to learn the game in hardcore mode (notice its a mode, not a difficulty level). There is no option for that. Lack of options pisses people off.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]