Diablo® III

Lea, daughter of Adria?

Adria was a witch who helped the dark wanderer in his turmoils. This must make Lea something special. What about her father? Who was he?
Reply Quote
The Lord of Pain also accuses Leo of being the mastermind behind the destruction of his brothers into the Abyss. I'm confused.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Warrior (talks all about it)
Reply Quote
In the beta Adria alludes to helping the dark wanderer as best she could. This makes me think she is Leah's father and lends credit to Leah becoming the new vessel for Diablo.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
Diablo 1: Aiden, the warrior or the wanderer, must be at around 30 years old.
As described on the lore, Adria and Aiden stay with each other in her tent for some years after the events of Diablo 1, trying to help him recover and all.

Diablo 2: Whi leah is a little child, we can see all those events that ook place on the sanctuary.

Diablo3: After 20 years of those events, Leah must have her 21 or 23 years old, which is perfectly acceptable by her body and face as shown.

So, the probability of Leah become the Evil we know as Diablo is, at minimum, HIGH.

Lets see:

1) He was conceived by a warrior who was carryin Diablo's soulstone itself in his own forehead.

2) She is adopted by Deckard Cain, who is definately the most hated character from sanctuary by the prime evils, since he is the mastermind behind all tragedies in their acts.

3) She is daughter of a powerful witch, Adria, who have had, at least, mystical and perhaps some dark manners of doing magic.

4) The body of Diablo as it was showed to us some time ago, is somewhat of a feminine body.

So, by all this evidence, i think it is safe to assume that Leah IS the dauther of Adria+The Wanderer (Aiden), and therefore, could be carrying evil blood on his veins.

But also, she appears to have some Aiden's and Adria's characteristics, like courage, style, strenght, curiosity etc... Wich also lends me to think of that possibility.
Reply Quote
Even if Leah is the daughter of Diablo, that doesn't necessarily make her evil.

In the Sanctuary lore Humans are originally the offspring of Angels/Demons.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
01/29/2012 10:58 PMPosted by Captain
Adria was a witch who helped the dark wanderer in his turmoils. This must make Lea something special. What about her father? Who was he?

Aiden.

He was the eldest son of King Leoric, whom returned to find his father mad and his brother missing. In Diablo 1 he is the Warrior character that we play.

After the events of Diablo 1, Aiden remains in Tristram a short while (all the while with the soulstone and Diablo's spirit stuck in his head). He hides the presence of the soulstone, and even the details of his encounter with Diablo, from the residents of Tristram. This is detailed in the Book of Cain, and Cain notes that Aiden became increasingly reclusive from the rest of Tristram's residents, save for Adria with whom he spent many conversations and nights in her hut.

It is theorized at this point in time that Aiden was still in control of himself, but was losing ground against Diablo's will. He eventually struck out for the deserts of Aranoch, leaving Tristram behind. His spirit eventually lost control, roughly around the time he reached the Rogue Monastery. It was there that he truly became the Dark Wanderer, and was under Diablo's control from that point on.

Meanwhile, shortly after Aiden's departure from Tristram, Adria also chose to leave the town. Cain noticed that by this point she was with child, and she took Gillian along with her to Caldeum. So it is never explicitly stated that Aiden fathered the child, but he is the only one for which there is evidence to support.

As such, Leah would therefore be the child of D1's warrior character, but also the granddaughter of King Leoric, the Skeleton King and boss of the Beta.
Edited by Lõri on 2/23/2012 11:47 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Aiden.He was the eldest son of King Leoric, whom returned to find his father mad and his brother missing. In Diablo 1 he is the Warrior character that we play.

He can't be the eldest son of king Leoric,
Honestly, I know the Diablo lore quite well, I've been playing since Diablo 1, & own both Diablo 1 for the pc & playstation, & D2 with the Expansion, & soon D3 as well, so if ANYone wishes to question it, King Leoric had ONLY one son, named Albrecht, you can look at the Diablo history on the playstation version under Libraius Ex-Horadrim (Book Two), Chapter 3 "The Darkening of Tristram", simply put, Blizzard has a MASSIVE, EPIC FAIL going on in their story, so there is noooo way she is a desendant of King Leoric.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
The warrior from the first game being named Aiden and being Leoric's eldest son is lore added to this game.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
04/26/2012 08:46 AMPosted by Elìas
Aiden.He was the eldest son of King Leoric, whom returned to find his father mad and his brother missing. In Diablo 1 he is the Warrior character that we play.

He can't be the eldest son of king Leoric,
Honestly, I know the Diablo lore quite well, I've been playing since Diablo 1, & own both Diablo 1 for the pc & playstation, & D2 with the Expansion, & soon D3 as well, so if ANYone wishes to question it, King Leoric had ONLY one son, named Albrecht, you can look at the Diablo history on the playstation version under Libraius Ex-Horadrim (Book Two), Chapter 3 "The Darkening of Tristram", simply put, Blizzard has a MASSIVE, EPIC FAIL going on in their story, so there is noooo way she is a desendant of King Leoric.

They can change the lore as much as they want, it's their game. They said at BlizzCon Leoric had another son, Aiden, who happened to be the oldest son. Maybe in the original Diablo it says one son, but maybe whoever wrote it didn't know about Aiden since Aiden wasn't at Tristram until the events of Diablo 1 started since, well you know by now he's the warrior.

As for Leah, she does of course state that her mother is Adria, who we know is a witch and even Leah her self says the people called her a Witch. She also says that her father was a great warrior. While that's very vague, it's probably alluring towards Aiden being her father, which thanks to the Book of Cain, makes the most sense.
Reply Quote
Okay, so let's get this straight... The "Warrior" Character we 'can' play as in Diablo 1 is supposedly Leah's father?

now how I always thought of it was the game states that Leah's father is a "great warrior" but i wasent sure if that counted as THE warrior? or someone who fights (a warrior) like the ranger or sorcerer in Diablo 1 you could also play as...

my main point in this: What if we played as the Ranger? who was female... that would be like... girl on girl....and they have a baby whom is a girl?? so Leah's "daddy" could be a woman! haha!
Reply Quote
What is canon is not necessarily what the player will have played. The story is that three heroes ventured into the depths of the cathedral and slew Diablo; a Warrior (Aidan), a Rogue (Blood Raven), and a Sorcerer (unnamed).
Reply Quote
Okay, so let's get this straight... The "Warrior" Character we 'can' play as in Diablo 1 is supposedly Leah's father?now how I always thought of it was the game states that Leah's father is a "great warrior" but i wasent sure if that counted as THE warrior? or someone who fights (a warrior) like the ranger or sorcerer in Diablo 1 you could also play as...my main point in this: What if we played as the Ranger? who was female... that would be like... girl on girl....and they have a baby whom is a girl?? so Leah's "daddy" could be a woman! haha!

Not quite.
For Lore intended purposes, Aiden had to be the one to go down and vanquish Diablo in Diablo2.
We play a band of mercenaries aiding Aiden. He wasnt alone down there, we did a LOT of the work ;)
Reply Quote
06/21/2013 12:31 AMPosted by Chris
What is canon is not necessarily what the player will have played. The story is that three heroes ventured into the depths of the cathedral and slew Diablo; a Warrior (Aidan), a Rogue (Blood Raven), and a Sorcerer (unnamed).

The sorcerer was the Summoner in D2.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]