Diablo® III

Do Artisans reset at each difficulty?

85 Undead Rogue
I have noticed through my time playing the beta how easy it is to level the blacksmith. I quickly leveled him to level 4 and working on level 5 at the moment.
Edited by Inflamess on 1/30/2012 2:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
Now that probably wasn't intended.

Level 5 is the first Nightmare blacksmith level, or at least it was in the last patch. It couldn't be leveled because you required the next level of common scraps, which would have been obtained by dismantling white items in Nightmare.

That doesn't happen anymore - so apparently, you can just glibly level straight into what was previously inaccessible territory.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
Im still kind of lost because I thought level 5 was the last level for the artisans. It currently cost 2,000 gold to train him and it takes 5 trainings per level. So 10,000 gold for level 5, which was not that hard to farm.
Reply Quote
The blacksmith has 10 levels, you can see them here on the left side.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/artisan/blacksmith/progression/#level=1
Reply Quote
...and we can't get the Blacksmith to level 5 in the Beta. He maxes out at 4.8 (that's 4 training-clicks after level 4) because level 5 requires some Pages of Blacksmithing, which aren't in the Beta. This is not obvious before reaching level 4.8 because the requirement for level 5 doesn't show up until he's 4.8 and we try to get him higher.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]