Diablo® III

No Nerfs in Sanctuary

85 Blood Elf Warrior
When you are done and release diablo 3 in all its glory... PLEASE stand firm with your masterpiece, do not nerf spells and change things to appease a crowd. Post release dont even take customers thoughts into consideration regarding systems and spells. You guys pour heart and soul into this, when you are done stand by what you have done. Blizz is like the cornerstone of online strategy games, i really doubt us customers are as educated and good at balancing as you. Please dont drop patches post release that reduce the damage of this spell, removes the effect of this spell. This spell now costs mana, this spell now has a casting time.

I really look forward to picking up the game and learning all there is to learn, every crack and dynamic of barbarian. I really dont want a few patches later to get hit with something like whirlwind now has 3 less swings, or now costs 50% more fury or now has 25% longer cooldown.

New patches containing content/items and spells AWESOME. New patch containing "CHANGES" not so cool.

Please post if you agree or disagree and why, maybe it will help blizzard. Maybe even get a blue post if enough people have an opinion on this.
Edited by ßloodfrenzy on 1/31/2012 5:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
What if they nerf a skill based on their own experience and not people whining on the forums?
Reply Quote
Yes... And while you're at it Blizzard, don't make any nerfs to balance out Starcraft 2 either, that would just be stupid.

I think I've made my point...
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
Well thats why i am posting this pre-release?? I am hoping the game is balanced and they dont drop patches like that.
Reply Quote
So how long are you willing to wait for the game to be out? They could probably delay the game an extra 1-2 years to test out millions of builds and get them balanced, but I think more than 85% of the fanbase would rather have the game come out in the next few months.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
Umm no. A game like this will need work for a long time. Nerfs are just something a gamer needs to be ready for. Get the game done and fun and ship the damn thing. If you need to nerf something after the game is out go for it. I just want to play the darn thing as soon as I can.
Reply Quote
Hopefully, with the testing they're doing/have done, they won't need to. However, someone will find something buggy about something that tips the balance in someones favor, and yes, those changes need to be made.

Honestly how fun would it be as a Barb to start running into a group of inferno mobs, WW at the ready, and then your Wizard buddy unleashes a spell that's op (however, gear, rune combos or whatnot, just an example) and leaves you with nothing to do but walk through all the whiteitems? I know I would want it patched, I mean it is what they're for, after all.
Reply Quote
I'm 100% all for making appropiate changes due to spells not working as intended, or an oversight is noticed, or just for something that obviously needs to be fixed,

But yes you do have a point for the potential of Blizzard to nerf difficulty / certain spells to cater to the more casual gamer, but Jay / Blizzard stood tall stating that they will never change or 'nerf' unless for what i said firstly
Edited by Ellihs on 1/30/2012 3:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
Someone always finds a way to exploit something, no matter how well the game is made. Nerfs and re-balancing will never go away, even in the best product. Luckily for PvEers like myself, we don't have to worry about PvP causing our skills to change in what they do.
Reply Quote
01/30/2012 03:58 PMPosted by Reqq
Someone always finds a way to exploit something, no matter how well the game is made. Nerfs and re-balancing will never go away, even in the best product. Luckily for PvEers like myself, we don't have to worry about PvP causing our skills to change in what they do.

This.
Reply Quote
You're trippin'
Reply Quote
Yes... And while you're at it Blizzard, don't make any nerfs to balance out Starcraft 2 either, that would just be stupid.

I think I've made my point...

Second
Reply Quote
i was about to put my 2 cents but scrolling down I see OP got shat on enough
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
This is just my dynamic on the situation. I would rather see something added to bring balance rather than something changed. I dont agree that after release things are not balanced anyway, i think people just whine about stuff till blizz changes it. i'm sure blizz knows whats best for balancing a game and not the consumer. You dont give blizz enough credit. I want to see the game released balanced, and no nerfs.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
Well i wouldnt think i would need to buff my WW because the sorc killed everything. That is my point of this post. I wouldnt want the sorc to get nerfed nor my WW to get buffed! If this was causing unbalance in a patch i would really like to something new added to bring balance, not a change.
Reply Quote
You realise adding something rather then changing something brings in hundreds/thousands, in diablo 3's case million's of different variables, which just leads to more problems with balancing issues

Look, Diablo 3 will never be "BALANCED" per sé, Blizzard have said this, so don't hold your breath waiting for this game to be released completely balanced, it's just not going to happen, they will get as close as they can, and monitor how it plays out, and make nerfs/buffs where appropriate, not to where people are QQing for it.
Reply Quote
My point in my example was an extreme, to try to demonstrate to you that patches for balance are good. What would you add in that example, where a Wiz one shotted a group of inferno mobs with a buggy/op AoE?

I would add a patch to fix it.

Balance =/= nerf
Reply Quote
01/30/2012 04:17 PMPosted by ßloodfrenzy
This is just my dynamic on the situation. I would rather see something added to bring balance rather than something changed. I dont agree that after release things are not balanced anyway, i think people just whine about stuff till blizz changes it. i'm sure blizz knows whats best for balancing a game and not the consumer. You dont give blizz enough credit. I want to see the game released balanced, and no nerfs.
Blizzard doesn't change stuff just because people whine. If people are whining, Blizzard may look into it, but they're not going to make a change unless their internal testing determines a change is necessary.
Reply Quote
It's not like skill nerfing would be a problem anyway considering you'll have all skills available to you as you level up anyway, all you would really need to do is change your skill set. Unless they get rid of the current stat system which could cause problems in terms of gear.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]