Diablo® III

No Nerfs in Sanctuary

01/30/2012 03:31 PMPosted by ßloodfrenzy
I think i speak for the majority of your fanbase

stopped reading there.
Reply Quote
With Blizzard's recent events in mind, I am much more worried about them nerfing Hell / Inferno because it is too hard for "casual gamers".

I am fine with Blizzard balancing abilities, especially for PvP sake.
Reply Quote
Yes... And while you're at it Blizzard, don't make any nerfs to balance out Starcraft 2 either, that would just be stupid.

I think I've made my point...
Reply Quote
i REALLY hope blizzard does make constant game balance changes, and never stops even after 10 years if the game keeps developing.

its not possible for blizz to have it worked out before release, even if they waited 2 more years to release it. it requires a comunity of millions, and players of higher skill than they have testing it internally.

also if they do nerf something like whirlwind becuase its flat out op, after a few months i might just want to try a different spec on my barb. have to start over re-evaluating which builds make the most sence and still be putting effort into min/maxing years from now so builds dont get stale.
Reply Quote
The only reason blizz would nerf/buff any skillz or runes is because a buff/nerf is NEEDED for balence.. your arguement has no benefit whatsoever in keeping a game imbalenced other then "this is what I want" well good luck with that..

If enough people comment (call it complain if you want) on a skill or runes overpower or underpower then blizz will look into it.. and through their own internal testing, will determine weither a buff or nerf is needed..

If they didnt do this then there would be certian skills/runes that would be used by everyone because theyre extremly powerfull.. or used by no one, because they suck.. im pretty sure blizz, and most other gamers dont want that to happen
Reply Quote
Who the hell do you think you are to think that YOU, say what the MAJORITY of the playbase thinks?
Reply Quote
There won't be PvP balance that affects PvE in D3, Jay said that millions of times.

That is one damn big difference with WoW.
Reply Quote
01/31/2012 09:00 AMPosted by Oztington
some1 is delusional

Yeh :(
Reply Quote
Blizz i didnt get a chance to beta but hear my out. I think i speak for the majority of your fanbase.

Speaking as a member of the fanbase, I don't want my spokesperson using "my" and "me" interchangeably and not capitalizing "I" when referring to one's self.
Reply Quote
10 Gnome Rogue
It is silly to be against a company researching and improving their game. This thread title has a rather good, albeit ironic point. I would much prefer that whenever possible they avoid nerfing abilities and instead make other abilities better to even things out. I say this coming from WoW where their plan for balance is almost always centered around the tallest nail getting the hammer.
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
Yes... And while you're at it Blizzard, don't make any nerfs to balance out Starcraft 2 either, that would just be stupid.

While the sarcasm is obvious, Humor (heheh) makes his point perfectly clear here. There will undoubtedly be some extra tuning necessary once millions of players are progressing through the whole game, rather than just beta. It's just not realistic to expect us not to touch any systems for balance purposes once the game is released.

Make no mistake about it. We'll follow our heart and soul when it comes to current and future development of this game. But player feedback is and always will be an important component of the Blizzard approach to design.
Reply Quote

While the sarcasm is obvious, Humor (heheh) makes his point perfectly clear here. There will undoubtedly be some extra tuning necessary once millions of players are progressing through the whole game, rather than just beta. It's just not realistic to expect us not to touch any systems for balance purposes once the game is released.

Make no mistake about it. We'll follow our heart and soul when it comes to current and future development of this game. But player feedback is and always will be an important component of the Blizzard approach to design.

Hello Zarhym :D How are you today?

Also well said.
Reply Quote
Balancing/nerfs/improvements of skills is absolutely necessary in a game like diablo. Time will tell when and how these changes need to occur. Thanks for the update Zarhym.

One thing I would like to add, is I am hopeful and confident these balancing acts will not be done around the fact of imbalances in PvP. I feel WoW had some major imbalances due to this being the practice, and if balances are needed, I wonder how hard it would be to have a PvP mechanic to a skill and a PvE. Food for thought.
Edited by Rhaiden on 1/31/2012 12:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I agree that nerfs and buffs should come to balance the game.

What I would hate to see is something like
"So, only 1% of our player base could experience inferno so we are gonna nerf all of it by 20% damage and HP"

I would like to NEVER see this. Not a year, 5 years or a decade after release.
Reply Quote

And... if millions of players are playing is much more likely that someone finds a way to abuse some game mechanics
Reply Quote
I don't think the OP knows what the word naive means.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]