Diablo® III

No Nerfs in Sanctuary

100 Troll Mage
If Blizzard didn't listen to players and make changes post-launch spawning pools would still cost 150 minerals.
Reply Quote
There's nothing wrong with the OP frame of mind. Much like they, I don't want this to turn into something I have to constantly learn over and over again because of patches introducing skill nerfs and buffs. Leave that to wow where the arena folks fill rivers with tears that eventually flood the developers cubicles to the point where they need to build nerf canoes to.escape
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
in-game voting system.

so we can see the real voice of the community blizz is always talking about!
Reply Quote
If blizz didn't nerf Diablo spells Barbarians never would make it past Act 4 (Iron Maiden)
Reply Quote
01/31/2012 08:03 AMPosted by theeighthark
Someone always finds a way to exploit something, no matter how well the game is made. Nerfs and re-balancing will never go away, even in the best product. Luckily for PvEers like myself, we don't have to worry about PvP causing our skills to change in what they do.

You've never played WoW it seems. There:
PvE balances screw over PvP
PvP balances screw over PvE

All the time this happens. So much so most people just get used to it. And I think Diablo 3 will be no exception. It just will hurt the PvP crowd way more in Diablo 3. The PvE crowd will just shrug them off and keep playing.

Oh, I am well aware of that, but they specifically stated that PvP, being Arena based, has it's own set of skills. Same skills, but they are done in a way that if they are changed for the PvP side, it doesn't affect the PvE versions. Unless of course this has changed since I heard it (Blizzcon '09, I think).
Reply Quote
While the sarcasm is obvious, Humor (heheh) makes his point perfectly clear here. There will undoubtedly be some extra tuning necessary once millions of players are progressing through the whole game, rather than just beta. It's just not realistic to expect us not to touch any systems for balance purposes once the game is released.

Make no mistake about it. We'll follow our heart and soul when it comes to current and future development of this game. But player feedback is and always will be an important component of the Blizzard approach to design.

Well said.
Reply Quote
Starcraft 2 is primarily a competitive game with a single player component. Diablo 3 is not designed to be so, from everything I have been led to believe. It is the other way around.

On a personal note, I look forward to not having the PVE game neutered in the name of PVP balance. PVP can be marvelous explosive without worrying that the frame rate on slower machines is compromised. If 25% of the classes playing happen to be Wizard, that doesn't mean they have "too many" roots and need nerfing. And so on.
Reply Quote
01/31/2012 01:40 PMPosted by Rysson
Barbarians had a skill called Berserk, which you could use without fear of dying if you were cursed with IM.

In order to use beserk you had to be level 30. Most people who played were not even close to level 30 when fighting Diablo in normal mode(I think my barb was level 22).

IMHO Iron Maiden is just bad spell design. I remember cursing the computer back in the day as to why the heck I was just dropping dead when in the chaos sanctuary. I finally figured out which curse it was, but the only way to get rid of it was to return to town or wait it out. I am also glad they removed it.
Reply Quote
01/30/2012 03:31 PMPosted by ßloodfrenzy
i really doubt us customers are as educated and good at balancing as you

The sign of not only a true fanboy (favorite company can do no wrong), but also that of a slave (they know best). Congratulations.
Reply Quote
Dear Blizzard, please fix a major bug in starcraft while your at it.

I will quote it from the site.

"Fixed a bug where Terran players were able to lose a game."

Terran too stronk.
Reply Quote
Yes... And while you're at it Blizzard, don't make any nerfs to balance out Starcraft 2 either, that would just be stupid.

I think I've made my point...

While the sarcasm is obvious, Humor (heheh) makes his point perfectly clear here. There will undoubtedly be some extra tuning necessary once millions of players are progressing through the whole game, rather than just beta. It's just not realistic to expect us not to touch any systems for balance purposes once the game is released.

Make no mistake about it. We'll follow our heart and soul when it comes to current and future development of this game. But player feedback is and always will be an important component of the Blizzard approach to design.

+1

Don't listen to OP. He's crazy.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
Yes... And while you're at it Blizzard, don't make any nerfs to balance out Starcraft 2 either, that would just be stupid.

I think the majority would agree that even geared we would prefer inferno mode to be difficult enough that we have to be aware of our environment, and use whatever level of skill one can possess in a hack n slash to survive the difficulty.
Reply Quote

I am going to go against the grain and back the OP to an extent and just say that stability of play is very important. I find it even more important than balance in a PvE game. I remember playing D2 and having blizzard release a patch that nerfed some of my character's abilities because they were too good in the hands of other (more optimizing) players. Luckily, I mainly played off line with my firends, so we weren't forced to use any patches that we didn't want to. We could continue to play the game we had bought and had been playing. The online-only model of D3 won't allow for this.

Please remember that most people will not be playing Diablo 3 as a competative game against others. It's quite OK to me if my Monk can only grind through the game at 70% the rate of a Wizard. It would bother me a lot more if I logged in one day and found a patch note saying "The way you have been enjoying playing has been removed because someone found a way to use it to farm the Skeleton King too effectively".
Reply Quote
01/31/2012 12:11 PMPosted by Zarhym
But player feedback is and always will be an important component of the Blizzard approach to design.

Then how come you guys ignored us when you introduced the Attack/Precision stats and we were SCREAMING at you to change it back?
Reply Quote
Sigh. Well, what ever nerfs they DO release, lets hope they won't be too major.
Reply Quote
Blizz i didnt get a chance to beta but hear my out. I think i speak for the majority of your fanbase.

Don't take this personally, but I believe that you speak for a minority of the fanbase when you state you don't want things changed post release for balancing reasons, not a majority.

I certainly don't want to play a game where Wizard is EASYLOLMODE in Inferno because of one ability with a specific rune, or the reverse to be true where a certain class can't even beat Nightmare difficulty regardless of their setup without being handheld through it.

Post release changes are not only inevitable, they are necessary. We may not always like the changes (usually when something is nerfed) but there's almost always justification for it. On the flip side, sometimes we're ecstatic with some changes (when something is buffed).

You at the very least don't speak for me. Of course I would love to play a perfect game that never needs to be tuned post release because in it's glory, it would never have to be. However, that's just unrealistic and if that means post adjustments need to be made to continue to improve the game, that's just the way it is.
Reply Quote
35 Orc Rogue
I think i speak for the majority of your fanbase.

You don't speak for me... not even close. I want the best game possible and as such, there are going to be issues with all sorts of things in the game that they may not have taken into consideration.. i want those things fixed whenever they are discovered and verified...

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]