Diablo® III

No Nerfs in Sanctuary

90 Tauren Druid
01/30/2012 03:58 PMPosted by Reqq
Someone always finds a way to exploit something, no matter how well the game is made. Nerfs and re-balancing will never go away, even in the best product. Luckily for PvEers like myself, we don't have to worry about PvP causing our skills to change in what they do.

You obviously don't play Wow then, Every single nerf has been one of 2 things. A horribly glitched skill that is causing the player to do something unintended (one shotting kazzak) Or 99% of the time the result of PvP whining.

Every single time a spell gets nerfed for PvP it has an effect in the PvE aspect of the game.

Yes... And while you're at it Blizzard, don't make any nerfs to balance out Starcraft 2 either, that would just be stupid.

I think I've made my point...

Bad argument, Starcraft is a pvp game with a small side of PvE, Diablo and Wow are PvE games with small sides of PvP.
Edited by Abirn on 1/31/2012 7:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
35 Orc Rogue
01/31/2012 07:05 PMPosted by Crowley
Please stop listening to people with WoW avatars.

Or with Starcraft avatars...
Reply Quote
01/31/2012 08:26 PMPosted by Muguguypan
Please stop listening to people with WoW avatars.

Or with Starcraft avatars...

So... listen to me? Because I have a D3 avatar? Or because what I say holds truth? I would hope the second, regardless of my avatar.
Reply Quote
I'd just like to re-emphasize what others have said and say, This is not WoW. They have stated a few times now that PvP is a different system than PvE entirely. They will tweek them sperately, most likely since they are used differently. Don't get worried about one change ruining the other's gameplay. It's the changes on each individual area that will give you something to worry about on their own fronts.
Edited by CrazyBS on 1/31/2012 8:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
01/31/2012 02:08 PMPosted by Aspie
The sign of not only a true fanboy (favorite company can do no wrong), but also that of a slave (they know best). Congratulations.

This doesnt make sense. So you are telling me the average blizzard fan/players has gone to school for computer design and has made a career out of making video games? My point is valid that blizzard knows more about making games than their customers.

So you are saying im wrong? Lets see your credentials since you know more about making games than blizzard.

My point is that blizzard develepors go to school for this stuff, they live this. In a commentary one dev laid his child down on his desk to work overtime to make release date. You're telling me these people know less about balance than their consumer??

Try to have more to say than just two petty insults.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warrior
01/31/2012 03:19 PMPosted by Muguguypan
You don't speak for me... not even close. I want the best game possible and as such, there are going to be issues with all sorts of things in the game that they may not have taken into consideration.. i want those things fixed whenever they are discovered and verified...

Sorry, i know i dont speak for anyone but myself. Thats not what i really ment. Also i wasnt trying to say there should never be patches and fixes. It would be a dream that the game was released perfectly balanced and they never had to change anything. However what i ment is that i "think" most people would agree we dont want to see patch notes lowering the difficulty or changing/deleting spells you are using.

If the game was to be released perfectly balanced you would never know because people would still complain regardless, the grass is always greener on the otherside. I just wish blizz would ignore the complainers and leave our grass the color it is. lol =)
Reply Quote
01/31/2012 07:10 PMPosted by Abirn
Someone always finds a way to exploit something, no matter how well the game is made. Nerfs and re-balancing will never go away, even in the best product. Luckily for PvEers like myself, we don't have to worry about PvP causing our skills to change in what they do.

You obviously don't play Wow then, Every single nerf has been one of 2 things. A horribly glitched skill that is causing the player to do something unintended (one shotting kazzak) Or 99% of the time the result of PvP whining.

Every single time a spell gets nerfed for PvP it has an effect in the PvE aspect of the game

I think I addressed this on page three...

They stated a while back that PvP is separate from PvE, so if they need to alter a skill in PvP it will not affect PvE. The same probably isn't true for items, but skills themselves are separate. Unless this has changed since, I think, BlizzCON '09.
Reply Quote
01/31/2012 04:26 PMPosted by Zarhym

Then how come you guys ignored us when you introduced the Attack/Precision stats and we were SCREAMING at you to change it back?

... The game's not even out yet and we did change it back.

But you listened too late and wasted a lot of development time.

How could you guys even think it was a good idea to have one set of gear satisfy every class? This idea was almost as bad as the "1800 honor Tol Barad" quickfix or the real ID forums.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Most of all. Don't nerf monsters:P love the challenge.

Damn Lightning glooms.. But I love em :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]