Diablo® III

Companion and Reforging Scrolls Removed

Community Manager
A few more changes have made their way in to Diablo III beta patch 10, including the removal of Scrolls of Companion and Scrolls of Reforging, and we’ll be updating the patch notes to reflect that.

In both cases these are features we felt were underdeveloped and just not quite good enough for the game in their current state. The companion pets felt like they were mandatory to maximize play efficiency and some of the pets were too cutesy for the gritty, dark world of Sanctuary. Neither of those are issues we felt like we could solve without a lot of additional work, and we’re trying to close in on a solid release date for the game, not move further away. When weighing these systems against releasing the game, we decided to cut these scrolls and stay on track for the game’s release.

We think we can make companion pets into a much cooler system (both mechanically and visually), and evolve the reforging scrolls into a more meaningful system at some point in the future. For the time being, they will not be in the initial release of the game.
Reply Quote
thanks for the update.
Reply Quote
NOO MY SNAKES
Edited by Halfdead on 1/26/2012 9:09 AM PST
Reply Quote
AWESOME, THANK you for removing these. The scrolls of companion were god awful, very nice change and hopefully something that wont further distract the devs from release.
Edited by JoltJared on 1/26/2012 9:11 AM PST
Reply Quote
oh..... that means i dont get my pig back? SOB! canceling pre-order right now.... unless of course your giving a release date SOON, as in like sooner than feb 10th *cough*
Reply Quote
01/26/2012 09:01 AMPosted by Nethaera
When weighing these systems against releasing the game, we decided to cut these scrolls and stay on track for the game’s release.

+1
Reply Quote
That's unfortunate - I really enjoyed the pets saving me tring to click (and misclick) gold piles, especially ones that are out of the way but i can't help wanting to go retrieve. That being said, I certainly hope with the ID scroll removal that something other then the toon looking at the item replaces it; otherwise, it's just a 2-step process for the sake of a very cheap 'thrill' while you're I.D.ing
Reply Quote
My little piggy was cute, but it was pure evil.
Reply Quote
Thanks for updating us.
Reply Quote
I loved you spider. I loved you.
Reply Quote
This is more info about a release date than we've ever received.
Reply Quote
I just know there is a release date in that response somewhere... time to use my internet decryption skills.
Reply Quote
01/26/2012 09:13 AMPosted by Diablo_beta_
I really enjoyed the pets saving me tring to click (and misclick) gold piles, especially ones that are out of the way but i can't help wanting to go retrieve.

You do know that you can walk over piles of gold right even with out "gold pickup radius" and it will automatically be picked up...?
Reply Quote
does this equate to Removing all Scrolls from the game?
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Nice. I see this post as a solid assurance that we will see this game in all its glory this year!
Reply Quote
Very happy about the removal of the Scroll of Companion. Thanks!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]